PDA

View Full Version : Changes to agrred bookings

Ricesnaps
20-05-2007, 12:37 PM
With all the "how dare you charge more for a wedding" discussions, would be interested in your thoughts:

Wedding week after next, early set up, pre-arranged arrival back for evening function is 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

Email from bride to say that they have had to bring things forward and can I start the music at 5.15 not 6.30 (which for me means arriving back at 4.45 "just in case").

Am I justified to ask for an extra fee for this as it's not part of my quoted arrangements?

Dragonfly
20-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Rice I have had this very thing twice in the last 3 months one was for a wedding went from venue I know well that let me set up whenever I like and is literally open the fire door walk in set up 5 ft max carry and 12.30am finish to

hotel 10 miles further down the road second floor function room no lift and 1am finish with set up having to be between wedding breakfast and reception turnaround...... I was advised of this change 2 weeks in advance.

I did it without complaint but have since added to T and C that quotes are based on information given at the time of booking and we reserve the right to revise a quote if the customer revises the arrangements but worded alot better obviously.

Ricesnaps
20-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I have to say, right or wrong, I emailed the bride back, told her I would be delighted to start earlier but that it would incur and additional £25.

I seem to bend over backwards too much these days, so I am standing my ground

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Am I justified to ask for an extra fee for this as it's not part of my quoted arrangements?

Of course you are.

DMX Will
20-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah you are, and I would probably do the same. Having said that, if it was less than an hour, I would just agree. (which it's not in your case)

CRAZY K
20-05-2007, 02:06 PM
With all the "how dare you charge more for a wedding" discussions, would be interested in your thoughts:

Wedding week after next, early set up, pre-arranged arrival back for evening function is 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

Email from bride to say that they have had to bring things forward and can I start the music at 5.15 not 6.30 (which for me means arriving back at 4.45 "just in case").

Yes like any other quote its related to specifics contained in the Contract-- any variation has to be requoted on cost (if you want to) in any case you need to put it in writing as a variation of Contract OR produce a revised one--

I had a Wedding changed from 6 to 11pm (nice early finish) to--- 7 to 12pm --I didnt bother to charge as its still 5 hours before Midnight.

If theres a change I dont even think you need it in your T and C as there is a material alteration--in the case of Dragonfly--Dave im afraid I would charge extra for that is now a totally different booking.

Time is money in business.

You dont work extra hours ( day time ) for nothing do you Matt?:D

CRAZY K