PDA

View Full Version : Console Project

Mission
27-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I still want to make a console containing PC, Mixer, Keyboard & Screen. This would then have connections to go out to Amp and also have inputs for Laptop, Mike, CD, etc.

Want the screen to be either be able to flip up after taking off the lid or attached to the inside of the lid.

Just looking for some pointers and Pictures if possible from anyone who has already made one or seen one on the net. Not sure to start from scratch with mdf which I could then make the case to suit or get a 2-6-2 and cut and change that. I have enough MDF already but not sure if that would make the console too heavy. Got some ply as well so could use that for some part.

Screen wise I would guess a 15" is the biggest I could go ?

jamesh
27-05-2007, 02:02 PM
hmmm i might know where there is a complete made console up for grabs (made by a guy that builds them for a living!) if you're interested it just depends on what you have already and what you want to spend.... It has in it....

1 x Numark CM200 USB Mixer

1 x Numark DMC-1 controller

1 x 15.4" widescreen TFT monitor with composite video and s-video inputs and picture in picture facilities. The need for this is that it is ultra-thin and fits inside the lid of the case during transport.

1 x Cherry slimline keyboard (so trackball mouse and keyboard in one)

1 x 2U Avrio rackmount computer with athlon XP3000 processor, 1Gb memory, additional Nvidia graphics card on a riser to allow it to sit horizontally under the hard drive bays within. HDD to be confirmed but any prospective purchaser can discuss requirements...

All in a gator case - 2u front (excluding the 1u roughly drop for mixer to sit in) 6u top case..

Mission
28-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I have most of the parts so looking to do my own. Thanks for the information though.

Looking for pictures of console cases to see how its done really, so if anyone has any or any directions to sites with pictures ?

funkymike
28-05-2007, 12:07 PM
I made a console a few yrs ago and to keep it light I made the frame from 1" batten then made the sides from conservitory roof (triple ply) and it worked a treat, plus it was really light and strong. Infact it was that strong it now has cucumbers growing in it.

strange but true

Mike

PropellerHeadCase
29-05-2007, 02:01 AM
There are 19" rack-mountable flat-screen mounts available, don't ask me where, I just saw one as part of a package for PCDJ in NZ.