PDA

View Full Version : pc dmx

funkymike
28-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction for a pc based DMX program, tried freestyler but just wondering if there anything else out there thats better or eaiser to use

ta

Mike

Thames Valley Discos
28-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction for a pc based DMX program, tried freestyler but just wondering if there anything else out there thats better or eaiser to use

ta

Mike

pcdj do one, dont they?

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2007, 09:06 PM
pcdj do one, dont they?

Yeah, if you have a few hundred quid to spare. :eek:

Thames Valley Discos
28-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, if you have a few hundred quid to spare. :eek:

mike is loaded, he,ll buy two:D

DMX Will
28-05-2007, 11:19 PM
*cough* PC DJ is (as the new saying seems to be) toilet! *cough*

Das Light is the way forward for a mobile.

funkymike
28-05-2007, 11:30 PM

Thankyou Will, do you have a link

mike

sleah
29-05-2007, 10:30 PM

Will, are you reffering to PCDJ DMX? If so, I wouldn't be quite so blunt as you, as I haven't really played with it, but I am inclined to agree from what I've seen:rolleyes:
Whereas PCDJ audio software is excellent at what it's intended to do:D

I've tinkered with a couple of PC DMX programs, including freebies (I bought the cheapo USB>DMX watsit from Australia), but I have (through work) ShowCad's Artist system which is an industry standard system, it has a fully DMX compliant USB>DMX convertor.
Luminar use Artist extensivley in CRC's and Jumpin' Jacks.
It is object based and easy to program once you get used to it, as it's quite mindblowing stuff :cool: However it does have a few too many bugs and instability for the weak hearted:eek: . - oh yes, and rather expensive:( - £1000ish full up:eek:

DMX Will
29-05-2007, 10:46 PM
www.daslight.com

Sleah - Our Jumpin' Jaks (Now Billie Rox) has a bloody Pulsar Masterpeice (horrible thing)

sleah
29-05-2007, 10:53 PM
www.daslight.com (http://www.daslight.com)

Sleah - Our Jumpin' Jaks (Now Billie Rox) has a bloody Pulsar Masterpeice (horrible thing)

I think they started to fit ShowCad about 3 years ago, possibly because it can control all the lighting in a unit and has a real time clock and script to fully automate the lights. Pretty cool when the house lights drop and the disco lighting comes up all by itself:cool:

The Daslight gear looks pretty good, and not a bad price! I think I'll download and have a butchers:D

DMX Will
30-05-2007, 12:05 AM
It's awesome, I don't run it myself, however I've used it "offline" loads. I did buy the 100BASIC box, but realised I couldn't run the newer software on it...so it went back after one gig. Was nice to use it briefly....

I would consider buying the GOLD box in the future.

Tony Scott
02-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I've been using freestyler for a couple of years now, I find it stable, easy to use & has all the features a mobile would need - running it on Vista OS on a dedicated laptop with no issues at all. Running maximum of 12 fixtures & a dimmer/switch pack. Love it and it's free!(small donation)