PDA

View Full Version : Axis 9 BPM Issues

DMX Will
28-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Hello!

Just a quick one before I pass this over to Numark Support.

I've got two Numark Axis 9's (table top decks).

Now I've noticed that if you put in a CD, wait for it to analyse the BPM (overall) it will give you a different number to the other deck. (One said something around 84, and the other 129 (roughly)).

I've also noticed, if you take the CD out, then put it back in, you'll get a different reading each time!

I've upgraded the firmware today, although haven't managed to callibrate the decks (as following the instructions word for word didn't work).

I've also searched for a restore factory settings in case I've changed something by accident, but no luck....

So if anyone knows of a reason/solution (or a way to restore factory settings) please let me know!

Will.

jamesh
29-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Do you really need the BPM on there though? Pretty much everyone i know of manages to get it wrong so don't let it worry you...

Stick to using your ears for mixing you'll find them far more reliable.

DMX Will
29-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Well, I'ts always handy for a basis anyway.

I've also been trying some same song mixes (with the same CD in both players) to phaze etc, so it's rather important there.

BeerFunk
29-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, most BPM counters are a bit sporadic, even the Denon counters are unreliable. Certainly not something Numark will be able to fix.