PDA

View Full Version : Content?

bank
05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
What information do you include on your site and what do you write about? Its just as you may have seen I'm creating my website for the Disco although I'm not sure what to put up, I've got titles although no idea what to put. Any ideas?

All appriated <-- spelt wrong I think
Thanks

DMX Will
05-06-2007, 06:03 PM
If you would like to see a terrible example about how to over-inform your viewers, see my web site! lol.

Why not have a look at other members site's and see what they've got going on. Theres some interesting stuff to read out their.

bank
05-06-2007, 06:19 PM
ok, thanks for that, I'll have a whip round, copy and paste ;) and ta da website done.. Ok needs a bit more effort than that although I get the idea. Method of inspiration.

Shaun
05-06-2007, 07:47 PM
ok, thanks for that, I'll have a whip round, copy and paste ;) and ta da website done..

You'd be surprised at the amount of idiots that do that very thing. :D Copyscape (http://www.copyscape.com/) is a wonderful thing though.

I tried not to look at too many other sites when doing my own. I just sat down with a notepad and listed the things I wanted to say on the site.

Just think about what you want to say, what you can offer etc. Once you make a start it'll soon fall into place. Best of luck with your website. :approve:

Corabar Steve
05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
You'd be surprised at the amount of idiots that do that very thing. :D Copyscape (http://www.copyscape.com/) is a wonderful thing though.

We actually caught out one of our ex-DJs with that.

rob1963
07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I just looked at dozens of disco websites.

I made a note of all the good stuff (to include on my own site), and just ignored all the stuff that was Armitage Shanks!

:)

Penfold42
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I just looked at dozens of disco websites.

I made a note of all the good stuff (to include on my own site), and just ignored all the stuff that was Armitage Shanks!

:)

LOL.....

Suggestion - should we now have a toilet icon / smile.....

DMX Will
08-06-2007, 12:18 AM
LOL.....

2 votes for the toilet icon.

rob1963
08-06-2007, 12:28 AM
LOL.....

Whoaaaa Penmare,

That's spooky...I was thinking the same thing earlier!

But it needs to be a toilet with the seat up, coz we're mostly men here...

...and men always leave the seat up! :D

Let's hope the MDD smiley design department can get on the case.

If not, I'll get in touch with the Olympic logo design team (they probably don't have much work on at the moment!)

DMX Will
08-06-2007, 12:44 AM
LOL.....

Whoaaaa Penmare,

That's spooky...I was thinking the same thing earlier!

But it needs to be a toilet with the seat up, coz we're mostly men here...

...and men always leave the seat up! :D

Let's hope the MDD smiley design department can get on the case.

If not, I'll get in touch with the Olympic logo design team (they probably don't have much work on at the moment!)

See here....

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7230

Tony Scott
08-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Only my opinion but this is what I believe helps to make a good site:

Keep it uncluttered, simple and easy to navigate with lots of space.
Use a spell checker on all of your text, nothing says amateur louder than bad spelling or grammar.
Keep sentences short and to the point, viewers find it hard to follow long winding paragraphs.
Think quality rather than quantity! :)

Good luck,
Tony

rob1963
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Only my opinion but this is what I believe helps to make a good site:

Keep it uncluttered, simple and easy to navigate with lots of space.
Use a spell checker on all of your text, nothing says amateur louder than bad spelling or grammar.
Keep sentences short and to the point, viewers find it hard to follow long winding paragraphs.
Think quality rather than quantity! :)

Good luck,
Tony

Whoaaaa Tony...sounds like you're describing MY site there! :D :D :D

Tony Scott
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Whoaaaa Tony...sounds like you're describing MY site there! :D :D :D

Well, great minds and all that.........eh? eh?