PDA

View Full Version : New Headphones

charlie
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Since iv started DJing in a nightclub iv realised that my headphones are rubbish! I wondered if anyone could recommend any? Im looking to spend around £80

Cheers
Charlie

Adam_F
07-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Sony MDRV 700's are excellent. I've had mine 6 years, and they are still going strong. Would highly recommend them.

colint
07-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I've had a pair of beyer DT100 for about 20 years never let me down and you can replace every part of them as spares if you break them!

Paul James Promotions
07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I've had a pair of beyer DT100 for about 20 years never let me down and you can replace every part of them as spares if you break them!

I have two pairs of the DT100s, very robust, but not the best if you want to mix dance music, as it doesn't take much volume before they start to distort.

colint
07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Never had a problem with that before with any type of music, but then I use 8ohm inserts in mine no distortion at all and I've got a small power amp for them when I use the bigger system

spin mobile disco
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Using a pair af philips home hi fi cost about £40 really nice and they fold so you can use 1 or both sides .

Tony Scott
07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I've used these for over 14 years(I've worn out three pairs in total).http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPP-headphones-sennheiser_sp_25
I've played at notting hill carnival, endless raves, clubs and on on huge sound systems and would not use anything else for the club/dance/mixing environment; where high pressure sound is needed for getting the mix spot on. :)

Tony Scott
07-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Never had a problem with that before with any type of music, but then I use 8ohm inserts in mine no distortion at all and I've got a small power amp for them when I use the bigger system

Great headphones but this set-up (inserts, small amp) may not really be too practical for a club situation? :)

colint
07-06-2007, 10:49 PM
It's not really about practical,
I really like my hearing! so as most mixers have rubbish headphone amps in them (which is why most headphones distort) I use a small quad amp (405) so I get very little distortion (if any) from my headphones the amp is small in size and I've used it in loads of clubs and takes about 2 mins to set up

The inserts are the actual speakers in the DT100's! beyer do anything from 8ohms upwards

And the Sennheiser's would be my second choice

Tony Scott
07-06-2007, 11:02 PM
It's not really about practical,
I really like my hearing! so as most mixers have rubbish headphone amps in them (which is why most headphones distort) I use a small quad amp (405) so I get very little distortion (if any) from my headphones the amp is small in size and I've used it in loads of clubs and takes about 2 mins to set up

The inserts are the actual speakers in the DT100's! beyer do anything from 8ohms upwards

And the Sennheiser's would be my second choice

Ahh.......didn't know about the insert thing, that's useful to know!

I used to have 2 x Quad405's running my EV tops way back, fantastic amps! Can't remember what happened to them?

Paul James Promotions
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I've played at notting hill carnival, endless raves, clubs and on on huge sound systems and would not use anything else for the club/dance/mixing environment; where high pressure sound is needed for getting the mix spot on. :)

Ever played on a Void rig? You're not too far away from their HQ :)

Tony Scott
07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Ever played on a Void rig? You're not too far away from their HQ :)

Still waiting!! Heard only good things about them.
FunktionOne dance stack will be hard to beat though! :D :D :D
http://www.funktion-one.com/dancestack-typdim.htm

like the look of the stasys touring stuff.