PDA

View Full Version : buzzing from pc

Thames Valley Discos
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Still getting a buzzing after about an hour. Its not HDD, Sound card, cables as i have swopped these over. Also swapped PSU. Could a motherboard cause this?

spin mobile disco
09-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Is it doing it on battery or just mains? if its just mains the inverter on the mother board is probably faulty.

colint
09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Try on of these!
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=32799&source=2001&doy=9m6

Sorry! you need to put it on the cable connecting your pc to your mixer!

Thames Valley Discos
09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
its a desktop pc. I now think it must be motherboard as it appears when something is plugged into the usb, in my case the DAC 3

Thames Valley Discos
09-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry! you need to put it on the cable connecting your pc to your mixer!

Its not cable, i even splashed out on some Van Damme cables to totally eliminate this.
Other pc is ok on the same cables.
Not sure how the usb is causing the problem but.....
My last try at a fix will be to reload XP and this time not update it from the windows update site. Maybe it is one of these updates doing it?

colint
09-06-2007, 07:07 PM
still try one of the ferrites I had a major problem with my lap top and this was the only way I could fix it only £2.00

don't think re-loading xp will sort your problem, sounds like a mains problem to me!

Thames Valley Discos
10-06-2007, 01:37 AM
yeah but if it was mains why no problem when not useing usb?
i had it playing for 2 hours this morning fine, stuck a usb stick in it and within seconds got the buzzing?

Thames Valley Discos
11-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Its back to the shop. I have concluded this is a heat issue with motherboard as even with the basics loaded on the pc it still happens regular as clock work after about an hour of running. I,ll keep you all informed incases any one else ever comes accross this.

Thames Valley Discos
12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Oh typical, shop cant get it to buzz after leaving running over night, i bring it home 2 hours later buzzing. Nothing connected except headphones!!!! Now where do i go. Cheap pc anyone?????

Discodaz
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Take it back to shop. Ask them to set it up and wait...or return later.

Thames Valley Discos
12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Take it back to shop. Ask them to set it up and wait...or return later.
umm i did:D

Discodaz
12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh typical, shop cant get it to buzz after leaving running over night, i bring it home 2 hours later buzzing. Nothing connected except headphones!!!! Now where do i go. Cheap pc anyone?????

Sorry, I understood that you had already taken it to the shop, but did you see it running at the shop after 2 hours? Or did they fob you off with the old 'We can't find anything wrong with it' line?

Thames Valley Discos
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
oh yeah, that was the case

spin mobile disco
12-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Could be a fan kicking in after a couple of hours, with a bad wind on it it may cause emi emissions. Try going ito bios and seeing if there is an option to enable spread spectrum. This can solve this type of problem. Or if it is already eneabled it may cause this. May be worth a try.

Thames Valley Discos
12-06-2007, 11:15 PM
it is now in the bin, i lost my rag and it dont work now. ebuyer kindly provided me with some new parts.