PDA

View Full Version : Warning (they're at it again)

Corabar Steve
14-06-2007, 03:40 PM
It has come to my attention that the Verification Association / 118 Trades / whatever they're calling themselves this week are phoning round DJs again.

When questioned as to where they got phone numbers from the replied the MDD & apparently implied that they were in some way connected with us.

This is not the case, the Mobile Disco Directory has no business links to any such organisation & the only advertising we deal with is on this site.

Shaun
14-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the warning Steve. I've had 3 phone calls in 2 weeks from them, as soon as they mention who they are I just hang up. I don't have time to listen to lies and deceit.

Dragonfly
14-06-2007, 04:15 PM
thats funny because ive directed them twice to the thread on here where everyone said what a big fat con they were and wouldnt take no for an answer.

ian8limelight
14-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Cheers Steve.

scoopd
15-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Had a call from them 10 minutes ago.Sounds like a massive call centre in the background and they sound so ****y you would never go near them!

Shaun
15-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I had another call from them too this morning.

Edit*

It appears DJs are still being duped by the verification association. I've just come across a DJ website that is proudly displaying the VA logo on their website with the following statement.

"(name ommited) Discos is now verified by the verification association ltd and have checkable references and personal Identification cards to show we are no "cowboy". (name ommited) is located in (location ommited)".

scoopd
15-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah but it's fine cos' IT'S NOT A SALES CALL!!!!
Do they think we fasten up the back?

Candybeatdiscos
15-06-2007, 02:24 PM
cheers for the warning - i will have some fun with them when they call - no doubt they will :)

theoloyla
15-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I had another call from them too this morning.

Edit*

It appears DJs are still being duped by the verification association. I've just come across a DJ website that is proudly displaying the VA logo on their website with the following statement.
Trouble is that prospective bookers dont know that the VA is toilet. I have seen various dj associations over the years that mobile dj's proudly advertise that they belong to but very few had entry standards, disciplinary procedures and a proper democratic constitution like SEDA. The same is true of other industries and professions too. It may look impressive on paper to say "We are a member of xxxxxx" but does the punter know what that means?

Ricesnaps
15-06-2007, 02:44 PM
We've been getting sales calls from a mobile number all day today - both myself and my wife's business. But when I call them back, nobody answers!

How odd!