PDA

View Full Version : DJ Inteligence

Ricesnaps
16-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Have a feeling this has been discussed before.

Decided to give the full trial of the above software another go - tried it a few years ago.

I really really like the concept of what it can do and how it generates quotes etc... but I think I would like it imbedded into my site rather than a pop up window - sorta make it more integrated. Just wondered if there were some tricks with it that would help me (or indeed anything I could learn to make the whole experiance even better).

Otherwise, maybe there are alternatives which would better suit me?

Marc J
16-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Get yourself a custom made client area ;)

rob1963
17-06-2007, 12:30 AM
I know someone who does custom made client areas :p

Ricesnaps
17-06-2007, 06:17 AM

How much?

DMX Will
17-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I have a client area that I wrote myself, it's "off-air" since I moved hosts, it needs a little tweaking then we'll be up and running again.

Marc J
17-06-2007, 10:56 AM
How much?

It depends what you're after at the end of the day, and how much you're willing to spend. As Will said in your previous thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5991), a basic client area shouldn't take longer than a couple of days solid work.

The main advantage of a custom made client area over DJIntelligence (in my opinion) is that it can be customised to each client / event. For example users log in with their own username / password and what they see is tailored specifically to their event and the stage it's at (i.e. has it passed or in the future, is deposit paid, is balance paid, has feedback been received etc.). As far as I can see, this isn't possible with DJIntelligence - it's a "dumb" system and clients have to enter their email address and event details every time in form submissions etc., and can't access the financial status of their "account".

EDIT: Better explained with a flowchart: -

http://www.loweringprices.com/images/client_area.jpg

rob1963
17-06-2007, 11:01 AM

How much?

Ricesnaps,

I don't know how much, but I was referring to Marc J, so he'll be able to tell you.

:)

Candybeatdiscos
17-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes I would perhaps also be interested - but again depends on finances at this time :)

DMX Will
17-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I was working on a system called "DJ Client", where you would "install" the system on your web host, and could customise a CSS file so it fitted in with your theme. I built it with having it in a pop up window in mind, so it doesn't look anything amazing in a normal browser, but here's the login page:

http://djclient.virtualsights.co.uk/client.php

It's harder work if your building something for people to go off and use for themselves, but I'm sure between Marc and myself we could possibly put a package together for MDD members.

Marc J
17-06-2007, 09:43 PM
If there's enough interest I'd consider developing something to rival DJIntelligence, but more geared towards the DJ's client and their event (as in my example above).

It'd be something hosted centrally though, with each DJ's client area having their own subdomain on it (much like DJIntelligence does), i.e.: -

djcompanyone.djtools.co.uk
dycompanytwo.djtools.co.uk
and so on... (note it wouldn't be djtools.co.uk, as that's already taken!).

The DJs would have a master login for their subdomain, which would take them to a client admin area from which they could add / modify / delete client accounts. I'm thinking the cost of this to DJs would be at least what DJIntelligence are charging, and mine wouldn't include the music database part.

Your idea is good Will, but as soon as you supply the PHP code you lose control of it - within a fortnight you could see it for sale on eBay and all your hard work is down the toilet.

Anyway, just thinking aloud really. Like I said if there was enough interest I'd consider looking into it, and it would also depend on other commitments at the time. And although this system would be better than DJIntelligence, it would still not be as good as your own custom built one ;)

Shaun
17-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Marc did an amazing job on my custom client area.

I had a chat with Marc a while back after I'd tried the demo for 'DJ Intelligence'. To be honest I wan't too keen on it. We got to talking about a custom built client area and what I'd want in it. The main point was it had to be kept simple and easy to use for the clients. Some of the key areas I wanted included were:-

* Planning/Information form submission
* Song Request Function
* Downloadable Contracts, T&C's, PLI & PAT
* Payment Gateway
* Feedback Function
* Integrated Event Gallery
* Post Event Discount voucher

The above flow chart that Marc posted gives a better explanation of how all the variables work within my client area, and to be honest, I was blown away at how well it works for me, and how well it was put together. Aesthetically it blends perfectly with the overall design of my website, wheras DJ Intelligence is very generic in appearance.

I have some demo accounts set up for my client area if anyone would like a look, PM me for the access details.

DMX Will
17-06-2007, 09:54 PM
PM sent :D

Jiggles
18-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I would love to have a client are but i dont have the money to do it :(:(

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Just noticed the title of this thread.

The wrong spelling naturally...:clown:

rob1963
18-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Just noticed the title of this thread.

The wrong spelling naturally...:clown:

:lol:

Apart from in this thread's title, I have to say you don't often see "DJ" and "Intelligence" in the same sentence!

Shaun
18-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I would love to have a client are but i dont have the money to do it :(:(

Time to raise your prices, Callum. :)

Jiggles
18-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Time to raise your prices, Callum. :)

Ah but how much to rase them!!! My base price is £120 for a three hour disco then £25 per hour after!!!!

Ricesnaps
18-06-2007, 07:07 PM
OK, just back from an emergency dash to Cardiff - Marc, how much would this set me back matey - deffinately interested.

Can you do the spell checking fior me though

Shaun
18-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Marc, how much would this set me back matey - deffinately interested.

Probably best if you contact him via PM. There's only so much Marc can answer because of the forum rules on selling services or advertising.

Can you do the spell checking fior me though

He did for me, he even corrected all my poor grammar. :D