PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find knobs?

rob1963
18-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I need some replacement knobs for my PAR36 pinspots, as many of them have broken, but don't have a clue where to get them...mainly because I'm not sure what they're called.

Basically, they are fairly short M6 bolts with a plastic knob on the end - which fix the pinspot to it's holder & are used to tighten the pinspot once it's been adjusted to the right angle.

Maybe it's also possible to get more heavy duty ones (depending on the price) made of metal instead of plastic...which will obviously last a lot longer.

Any ideas as to what they're called or any sources guys?

Thanks! :)

colinm345
18-06-2007, 02:41 PM
My ex wife & family maybe??:D :D :D :D

rob1963
18-06-2007, 03:06 PM
My ex wife & family maybe??:D :D :D :D

I guess it was a loaded question...I was waiting for an answer like that.

Thanks, Colin! :D

Marc J
18-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Things like these are generally called "Standard Engineering Parts", which covers a vast array of products. I found your M6 knobs here (http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/Plastic%20handwheels,%20knobs%20&%20grips/).

CRAZY K
18-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I need some replacement knobs for my PAR36 pinspots, as many of them have broken, but don't have a clue where to get them...mainly because I'm not sure what they're called.

Basically, they are fairly short M6 bolts with a plastic knob on the end - which fix the pinspot to it's holder & are used to tighten the pinspot once it's been adjusted to the right angle.

Maybe it's also possible to get more heavy duty ones (depending on the price) made of metal instead of plastic...which will obviously last a lot longer.

Any ideas as to what they're called or any sources guys?

Thanks! :)

Try the manufacturer?

Mind you mine are old heavy theatre type spotlights with gels and I just had to replace one of the locking nuts that holds the lamp in place.

Mine were made in Spain years ago--so I can forget spares.

Possibly try your DJ shop or Maplins--would they be called locking nuts or wing nuts--

Got mine at the local Hardware shop--old fashioned place that Homebase and Do it all tried to put out of business years ago and failed because they sell you one screw , nail or lock nut as well as things the big shops just dont stock---or give advice on--

CRAZY K

rob1963
18-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Things like these are generally called "Standard Engineering Parts", which covers a vast array of products. I found your M6 knobs here (http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/Plastic%20handwheels,%20knobs%20&%20grips/).

Perfect!

Thanks Marc :)

Dragonfly
18-06-2007, 04:33 PM
just read the thread title .....Rob you have been here long enough to know the answer to that mate.

rob1963
18-06-2007, 05:43 PM
just read the thread title .....Rob you have been here long enough to know the answer to that mate.

So true!

:lol:

Shaun
18-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Careful now guys, I don't want this topic heading down the wrong road. You'll corrupt young Callum's mind. :p

Penfold42
18-06-2007, 06:30 PM

So true!

:lol:

Careful now guys, I don't want this topic heading down the wrong road. You'll corrupt young Callum's mind. :p

Corrupt....you having a laugh...he probebly knows more than the four of us together....:eek: :eek:

:D :D

Jiggles
18-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Corrupt....you having a laugh...he probebly knows more than the four of us together....:eek: :eek:

:D :D

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :what: :what: :tongue2: :sofa:

WHO ME!! :D