PDA

View Full Version : dj show in newcastle, would anyone be interested.

djdarren
25-06-2007, 06:34 PM
hello guys im after your input and interest in setting up a new dj show in newcastle upon tyne.

for a while now all of the dj/disco shows have been based down south for me (im in newcastle upon tyne) and even the dj show north is a bit down south if you know what i mean.

now i have mentioned it to a few of the big players in the disco side of things kam gemini prolight ect...

and they have shown interest but it would all boil down to the amount of disco's that show up and there interest in a show in the "north"

there is nothing set in stone yet however i did want to do things slightly different to shows that run at the moment.

the biggest key factor would be that there will be no entry fee! i would be footing the bill for the venue and overheads however i would be there as the sole retailer/dealer for the product that would be there (and no you would not be forced to make a purchase)

the idea is people in the north east of england would be able to visit a show without having to travel too much and also get to use all the products and see what there like as well as being able to order them there and then from a local dealer.

as i say nothing set in stone no venue selected as yet as suppliers are still in the "well depends on how many people are coming" stage!

let me know if you would be interested and if there is anything you have not seen in shows so far that you may like to see at this show if i go ahead with it.

ps depending on costs there may also be room for movement on prices and exclusive deals for members!

cheers for you time guys its all appreciated

Danno13
25-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I'd get in touch with the guys who have been working on forming a North East branch of NADJ.. i'm sure you'll find people willing to help, and its a good way to spread the word.

Don't want to seem too negative, but the Pro DJ show that was put on recently didn't get much of an attendance, which I suspect was largly due to being *too* north (it was in lancaster).

groovy-nights
25-06-2007, 06:49 PM
If you can get the likes of martin bose and other big names that dj show north have.Then yes it would be worth it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Is Barnsley not in the north then?

djdarren
25-06-2007, 08:39 PM
If you can get the likes of martin bose and other big names that dj show north have.Then yes it would be worth it.

cant see martin or bose doing it!

there far too snobby!

the people i was thinking of asking are

skytronic/citronic
lamba/kam
gci technologies/gemini/cortex
numark (doubt they would show tho)
prolight
direct imports/stanton/cerwin vega

dont hink any of the others would be bothereed with the "north :eek: "

groovy-nights
25-06-2007, 08:56 PM
so its basicaly only companys whos products you stock then. Think i will enjoy the drive to Barnsley

Jiggles
25-06-2007, 09:03 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me!!! If my dad would let me come down :D

flatliners
26-06-2007, 11:10 AM
djdarren i had thought of this idea about 3 years ago but i imagine its hard enough for the dj north getting companys like ( martin prolight dennon and other big names ) to come to there show
as i say i have thought of the venue as the newcastle arena but trust me it would be a hard thing to do
but i do have an idea that might intrest you its not a show or anything mail me and i will tell you what i am putting into place
but trust me it wont work
roll on plasa

pdarnett
27-06-2007, 12:39 AM
It is very hard to get these manufacturers to come ooop north, and its only now in year 3 that we are finally getting approached as opposed to chasing exhibitors. We don't have any retailers exhibiting as we invite all the local retailers to attend so they can meet their customers and dealers and hopefully form some new business relationships, if we had any one retailer there selling it would become a "dealer day" and its purpose would only be to promote that dealer and that's not what we set out to do.

BTW did you get a retailer pack Darren and if not PM me and I'll send you one, includes some passes for the show in exchange for some support from you and your business!