PDA

View Full Version : I need a small rack mounted mixer

Dillmiester
27-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Hello folks

Im always trying to cut down the amount of useless equipment I take to gigs.
Since the change over to laptop I no longer use CD's etc. So my 5 channel mixer is only used as a master volume control and mic input, so for what it does its taking up too much room.

I have a spare 1u slot in my 19" case and it got me thinking. There must be a 1u rack mixer that would have say 1 or 2 channels graphic, mic input and master volume. I hoped that Behringer would have a solution but they dont.

Anyone know of such a unit at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Vectis
27-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Wot... like THIS (http://www.full-volume.co.uk/viewproduct.php?id=21) ?

Or, much cheaper, THIS (http://smartsounddirect.com/content/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=SSD1242) ?

Dillmiester
27-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Ah thats the sort of thing im after, thanks.

Hows the Island these days, hope its not sunk yet. Twas my home for 14 years!

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Hello folks

Im always trying to cut down the amount of useless equipment I take to gigs.
Since the change over to laptop I no longer use CD's etc. So my 5 channel mixer is only used as a master volume control and mic input, so for what it does its taking up too much room.

I have a spare 1u slot in my 19" case and it got me thinking. There must be a 1u rack mixer that would have say 1 or 2 channels graphic, mic input and master volume. I hoped that Behringer would have a solution but they dont.

Anyone know of such a unit at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Just out of interest, if you don't use separate channels for the laptop, how do you mix in between each deck on the laptop software?

flatliners
27-06-2007, 12:14 PM
i only use one channel on my mixer and it works fine

dj-jaym
27-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Maybe he uses ots dj or similair

Dillmiester
27-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Just out of interest, if you don't use separate channels for the laptop, how do you mix in between each deck on the laptop software?

I use a Hercules DJ console which is effectively a dual outboard sound card so all mixing is done on the laptop.
I dont actually need two channels on the new mixer im looking for but a spare would be good for say a CD player or fall back Mp3.

Cheers

DMX Will
27-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I use a Hercules DJ console which is effectively a dual outboard sound card so all mixing is done on the laptop.
I dont actually need two channels on the new mixer im looking for but a spare would be good for say a CD player or fall back Mp3.

Cheers

i'd say you need at least once extra cd player at all times, i would personally take two.

Larry B Entertainment
28-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes always have cd players ready for emergencies. If i ever use a laptop, i always have the dual cds as a backup and then an ipod as a backup to the backup :-)

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes always have cd players ready for emergencies.

No need if you have a hard drive reader. (Denon, Cortex etc)