PDA

View Full Version : What games can I play?

scoopd
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys,
tecnically I should not be on this page but I have been asked to provide 30 mins of kids games before my Wedding on Saturday.I was just wondering if you have any games you could describe that would be suitable for 30 minutes of kids entertainment?

Many Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi Guys,
tecnically I should not be on this page but I have been asked to provide 30 mins of kids games before my Wedding on Saturday.I was just wondering if you have any games you could describe that would be suitable for 30 minutes of kids entertainment?

Many Thanks

How old are the kids?

That will have a big bearing on what you do.

scoopd
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
10 and Under

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Cue Mr Mayhem...

Come on Garry, it's your area!

Mayhem 1
03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm on to it Darren Mate lol

regards

Mayhem 1

Mayhem 1
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Mr Mayhem to the rescue lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Mr Mayhem to the rescue lol

Might help if you post something then....:rolleyes: :D

Dragonfly
04-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Might help if you post something then....:rolleyes: :D

quality :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mayhem 1
04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I have spoken to the man with a couple of ideas :D and he seemed very happy :banana:

Regards

Mayhem 1

Penfold42
04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I have spoken to the man with a couple of ideas :D and he seemed very happy :banana:

Regards

Mayhem 1

Should you not put a few of these on the end of that post...:P :P :P

:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Regards

Mayhem 1

Great, but the idea of forums generally is to share ideas, so that maybe they can be used in the future.

We don't want to nick all your ideas, but a couple posted would be good. :)

Dragonfly
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Should you not put a few of these on the end of that post...:P :P :P

:D

or do they involve children , gaffa tape , superglue and a rather large fish tank??? :D

Great, but the idea of forums generally is to share ideas, so that maybe they can be used in the future.

We don't want to nick all your ideas, but a couple posted would be good. :)

speak for yourself if theyre good ill nick em im not proud :D :D :D :D :D

kidding.

Mayhem 1
04-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I have no probs detailing my games mate but it will take up a lot of space.

That is why if I see anyone asking for help I phone them.

regards

Mayhem 1

Penfold42
04-07-2007, 04:26 PM
or do they involve children , gaffa tape , superglue and a rather large fish tank??? :D

speak for yourself if theyre good ill nick em im not proud :D :D :D :D :D kidding.

LMAO...
My your on good form today....bit early in the day for me.....:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Just a general idea then?

Penfold42
04-07-2007, 04:27 PM

That is why if I see anyone asking for help I phone them.

regards

Mayhem 1

What a true Gent......respect.:)

Mayhem 1
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for those kind words.

Here you go then Darren Mate:

Mummy game
One smart Fellow
Arghhhh game
Musical Poses
Corners
Runaround
What's in the wallet
down and dirty

Should be enough for your next corporate event mate lol

Best regards

Mayhem 1

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Mummy game
One smart Fellow
Arghhhh game
Musical Poses
Corners
Runaround
What's in the wallet
down and dirty

Best regards

Mayhem 1

Not for me you fool!:D

I meant a genaral idea of what to do and how to play them for people who do kids parties (not me in other words!)

Dragonfly
04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
mummy game ??? is that the one with 27000000000 toilet rolls and the kid that nobody likes???? lol

scoopd
04-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks Mr Mayhem for all your help.I appreciate your call and precious time.

Scoopd

Penfold42
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks Mr Mayhem for all your help.I appreciate your call and precious time.

Scoopd

Yes missed it but will catch you next time Mr Mayhem....;)

Candybeatdiscos
04-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Could mayhem possibly (if he has time) write a detailed word file with instructions etc and perhaps email or transfer to a admin/mod who could possibly add it to the forum as a downloadable document?

Just an idea... and obviously what we could do is pay a nominal amount in order to download it that could be donated to forum costs or a charity of the forums choice etc?

Penfold42
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Could mayhem possibly (if he has time) write a detailed word file with instructions etc and perhaps email or transfer to a admin/mod who could possibly add it to the forum as a downloadable document?

Just an idea... and obviously what we could do is pay a nominal amount in order to download it that could be donated to forum costs or a charity of the forums choice etc?

2nd that...:)

Shaun
05-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Alternatively he could put together an Ebook in pdf format and sell it for a small fee on djbids. I see no harm in Mayhem making a few bucks for himself, for taking the time to put something like this together. I'd definitely buy a copy.

Penfold42
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Alternatively he could put together an Ebook in pdf format and sell it for a small fee on djbids. I see no harm in Mayhem making a few bucks for himself, for taking the time to put something like this together. I'd definitely buy a copy.

I think that sounds a good idea...:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Jiggles
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM

Seem my thread!!! on the Big Book Of Games!!!!!!! :D

soundtracker
08-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Mummy game
One smart Fellow
Arghhhh game
Musical Poses
Corners
Runaround
What's in the wallet
down and dirty

Best regards

Mayhem 1

How about:

Ask your mother
Statue on the Column
What can you Feel?
Snail Race
The sausage roll game

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
How about:

Ask your mother
Statue on the Column
What can you Feel?
Snail Race
The sausage roll game

How do they work?

soundtracker
08-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I'll PM you the details as seems to be the new fashion! I thought the idea was to share ideas, not to create a secret sub-culture!

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I thought the idea was to share ideas!

Generally, it is! ;)

Corabar Steve
09-07-2007, 06:20 AM
It would be nice if the instructions to these games were actually posted up for all to see.

I guess some people are still all about guarding trade secrets like their life depended on it :sj:

Mayhem 1
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
I am not trying to creating a secret sub-culture I will type games out and send them to admin.

I just thought it would take up to much space.

As I have always said chaps, if I can help anyone I will.

regards

Mayhem 1

Corabar Steve
09-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Nevermind how much space it takes up post them here.

We can always sticky the thread.

Mayhem 1
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok Steve, will do but I will have to do it around my Brean leisure visits if that is ok.

Regards

Mayhem 1

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Great! Nice one Garry!

Mayhem 1
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
No probs Darren mate,

Mayhem 1

buster38
24-07-2007, 07:42 PM
and no idea of what games to play, can you guys please help me out.

Cheers

KrazyKaz
24-07-2007, 08:08 PM
oooh - my favourite kind of gig!!

best dancer
musical bumps
musical statues

Pass the balloon (before inflating balloons place a forfeit in each one, but leave one empty - this will be the winner)
get the kids to sit in a circle, and,like pass the parcel, pass one balloon at a time around the circle, when the music stops, the kid holding the balloon must pop it, and then carry out the forfeit and then start again with another balloon.Leave the empty balloon till last. WINNER!!

Balloon Race
Blow up balloons and put equal amount into 2 large/bin bags and put at one end of the room. Gets the kids into 2 teams and they stand at the other end of the room. Each member of each team to be stood behind one another. First member of each team runs to the bag, gets a balloon, puts between their knees and gets to their team asap.When they reach their team, pop the balloon and then the next member runs up to the bag etc etc etc

There's a couple of ideas.

Corabar Entertainment
14-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I am not trying to creating a secret sub-culture I will type games out and send them to admin.

I just thought it would take up to much space.

As I have always said chaps, if I can help anyone I will.

regards

Mayhem 1

Ok Steve, will do but I will have to do it around my Brean leisure visits if that is ok.

Regards

Mayhem 1As your end of season party is coming up (noticed you mentioned it in another thread), any chance you'll have the time to do this now Mr Mayhem?

I think it would be a useful addition to the site, and maybe we could add it to the 'guides' when they go back online. :)

Mayhem 1
14-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Greetings,

Once the End Of season Party has been and gone I will set about putting together a guide of some sort.

Is that ok?

regards

Mayhem 1

Corabar Entertainment
14-10-2007, 12:36 PM

leighinstoke
14-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Done a good handful of kids parties (though I'm not as good as Mayhem - seen him working - top bloke!!!)

Usually I've used a few tracks as warm-up - Nigel and Marvin "Follow The Leader" and had the kids in a conga line going round the dancefloor, then into "MusicMan" and follow that with Musical Statues. End that with couple of winners.

My res has the smallest nursery sized chairs - so they do for musical chairs (even more fun for adults). That kills a good 15 minutes or more.

Bit more dance-along stuff for the kids and follow that with some balloon races using two or three lines.

If the kids want more, it's Hokey Cokey (at least Black Lace have one use!) and usually repeat it so they are worn out. Anything extra sees a game of 'fetch it' where the kids have to go and find things and bring them back - a ten pound note, pair of glasses, woman's shoe, piece of bog roll, etc and prizes for all of them.

All worked for me yesterday at a 7 year old birthday party, with Pass-the-parcel added by the organiser for good measure.

Leigh.....

Corabar Steve
14-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Isn't musical chairs with kids asking for trouble with the "sue for any little thing" / "no win no fee" culture we have these days?

Corabar Entertainment
14-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Not sure about being sued, but I've seen musical chairs (and musical bumps) end in tears so many times, I tend to avoid them!

leighinstoke
14-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Never had any trouble myself though didn't do it yesterday.

Leigh...

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Isn't musical chairs with kids asking for trouble with the "sue for any little thing" / "no win no fee" culture we have these days?

Haven't we already had this conversation somewhere?

Corabar Steve
14-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Yep & I still think it will only be a matter of time.

TONYTIGER
20-10-2007, 10:14 AM
It would be nice if the instructions to these games were actually posted up for all to see.

I guess some people are still all about guarding trade secrets like their life depended on it :sj:

Just do a search kids games on the net pages of it with all the instructions ,i get all my ideas from this source for the summer season at the holiday camps "cant wait":rolleyes:

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Just do a search kids games on the net pages of it with all the instructions ,i get all my ideas from this source for the summer season at the holiday camps "cant wait":rolleyes:

The point is to share things on this site though, as we are all members. :)

TONYTIGER
20-10-2007, 04:18 PM
The point is to share things on this site though, as we are all members. :)

I am i thought this was of help or was it not me you were talking about.;)

Mayhem 1
21-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Greetings Folks,

Just popped in to say that I have now made a start on the Children's party games listings.

It will take a while but I will get there!!!

Just bare with me

regards

Mayhem 1

Corabar Steve
21-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Good man! :approve:

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I am i thought this was of help or was it not me you were talking about.;)

It wasn't aimed at anyone - just a generalisation. :)

Shaun
24-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Greetings Folks,

Just popped in to say that I have now made a start on the Children's party games listings.

It will take a while but I will get there!!!

Just bare with me

regards

Mayhem 1

How's this coming along?. :beer1:

Mayhem 1
24-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I am doing my most requested top 6 games at the moment mate as a start and I will add to it as and when I can is that ok?

regards

Mayhem 1

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Great, thanks.

Can you resend it in a format that my PC understabds though please!

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Mr Mayhems first part will be posted as soon as I've got time to edit and post it etc, so very soon!