PDA

View Full Version : dynamo problem i think...

DaveyG1980
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
got set of 4 acme dynamos, and just been playing with them and noticed that one light is brighter than the rest, i have changed bulbs around, have not touched the lenses etc...any advice or has this happen with any who has them aswell.....:confused:

Vectis
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
If you switch the bulb from the "bright" one for one in a "dull" one, does the "dull" one become bright or does the original one stay bright?

If the 'fault' travels with the bulb, then it's the bulb.

If the 'fault' stays with the unit, then it's the unit. Most likely a transformer problem - putting out too high a voltage? IIRC they're 12V 100W bulbs in the dynamo right? Stick a meter over the pins on the bulbholder and see if it's higher in the one than the others.

DaveyG1980
04-07-2007, 06:00 AM
original stays bright it does. i will try what you said and see what happens. " all i want is my equipment to be happy and the same..lol":(

Tony Scott
05-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Well at least you got one bright one!

Sorry not much help that is it! :D

DaveyG1980
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
errr welll errr no, not that much but still you made an effort. got mate coming round to check the power output on the lights an see if different, gonna do a metre reading on them an go from there, other wise the dj shop is gonna get an ear bashing and burn the shop down, nick some stuff first....anyone want anything place an order an ill sort it out. lol.:rolleyes:

Tony Scott
05-07-2007, 05:56 PM
dj shop is gonna get an ear bashing and burn the shop down, nick some stuff first....anyone want anything place an order an ill sort it out. lol.:rolleyes:

Now that's a great idea, need a hand, I'll get some matches! :D

If you've changed the bulbs over and the original dynamo stays bright then it has to be the transformer in the unit that is faulty, you shouldn't be getting anything higher than about 13volts AC.

Be careful not to damage anything when testing or you may have problems with the warranty. Good luch with it! :)