PDA

View Full Version : Ther's Some People You Just Can't help!!

KrazyKaz
11-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I've offered to help with my daughters school disco on more than one occasion!

The PTA /Friends of the school is virtually non existent now, but they sometimes do a disco for the kids (primary school)

Few weeks back I was speaking to a member of the PTA and the subject got on to the disco.

She was telling me, that they found it hard work keeping the kids happy, and went on to tell me that their CD decks only have one deck working.
They only play the current NOW compilation.
A parent/helper 'does' the disco.
The disco times are - key stage 1 5.30pm - 6.30pm, key stage 2 6.45pm - 8.00pm

So, I offered my services.
When she asked me how much I'd charge, I said I'd do it for nothing. (my youngest daughter goes to the school, my eldest went to the school, and there is no transport needed as the school is opposite my house)
Anyway, she said great and she'd let me know.

I've not heard anything from her and the disco is next week.

So, as I say, ther's some people you just can't help.

Candybeatdiscos
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
i am trying to get involved again for free with my kids local primary school, although when they go to high school a charge will be put in place lol...

Mayhem 1
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Kaz,

I can not undertand why your PTA are so slow in using your services hun,

They obviously need a ceck up from the neck up!!!!

good luct to both of you.

regards

Mayhem 1

CRAZY K
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Kaz,

I can not undertand why your PTA are so slow in using your services hun,

They obviously need a ceck up from the neck up!!!!

good luct to both of you.

regards

Mayhem 1

With less and less partners committed to things jointly with the kids--- PTAs socials appear to be slowing down in many Schools.

Thats why I dont canvass them anymore--despite entertaining at them for 25 years ----the only people turning up for a Barn Dance in the end were the mums with kids!

Im not surprised Kaz--apathy rules--I wouldnt offer again---

Nuff said

CRAZY K

Mayhem 1
12-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Good Morning Crazy K,

Very true words my friend.

I find that the parents want this that and the other for their children
(school discos, fetes etc) but when it comes down to helping out they are nowhere to be seen therefore not a lot happens.

I have spoke with Kaz in great depth about her school heck I have even emailed the headteacher praising Kazz's ability to do a fantastic show for the kids but it always falls on deaf ears.

I would have thought that with Kaz offering to do the event for "FREE" they would have jumped at it.

Keep plugging Kaz, you will get it in the end, maybe you could get a few of the mums on your side.

Let me know how you get on hun.

Regards

Mayhem 1

matthewherbert
30-07-2007, 09:49 AM
:bang: You seem to be having trouble offering your services to people. Well I think I can help you. I myself was also having trouble in offering services and I was speaking to a friend who has advised me a website that has helped me. The website is [content deleted member now banned for not obeying forum rules & messing with Admin's edits (re-inserting the name of the site after it was removed & the green message below was added)] I was amazed with the amount of customers i have recieved asking for my services. It just takes a few clicks and customers will ask you for parties they need.

I hope this has helped you
Matthew Herbert

Admin Note: No other sites that contain mobile disco listings can be promoted on the forum. Thanks for understanding.

BeerFunk
30-07-2007, 11:04 PM
:bang: You seem to be having trouble offering your services to people. Well I think I can help you. I myself was also having trouble in offering services and I was speaking to a friend who has advised me a website that has helped me. The website is xxxxxxxxx I was amazed with the amount of customers i have recieved asking for my services. It just takes a few clicks and customers will ask you for parties they need.

Matthew Herbert
[email protected] :)

Admin Note: No other sites that contain mobile disco listings can be promoted on the forum. Thanks for understanding.
That... doesn't really help in this instance though, does it?

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2007, 02:26 AM
That... doesn't really help in this instance though, does it?

Probably not. ;)

KrazyKaz
31-07-2007, 08:46 AM
:bang: You seem to be having trouble offering your services to people. Well I think I can help you. I myself was also having trouble in offering services and I was speaking to a friend who has advised me a website that has helped me. The website is xxxxxxxxxxxxI was amazed with the amount of customers i have recieved asking for my services. It just takes a few clicks and customers will ask you for parties they need.

Matthew Herbert
[email protected] :)

I don't have a problem at all with offering my services.

In this instance, the Head is pigheaded and she HAS to be in control at ALL times. :bang:

Some you win, some you lose

thex-faders
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Me and my fellow DJ are now at the final year in 6th form and want to DJ for the school discos, but after doing some digging found that a DJ has basically contracted his services for all school disco events!!
I know its a bit harsh but we want to muscle in on his business, especially as we charge a lot less and would have some connection with people from our own school!
I would assume the PTFA is the way to go, would a free gig be the best option to display our talents?

Cheers all

PropellerHeadCase
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
If you do it for free people don't value your service, generally speaking.

A bit of a discount, maybe, but you've said your price is already competitive so let that be the discount.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
If you do it for free people don't value your service, generally speaking.

A bit of a discount, maybe, but you've said your price is already competitive so let that be the discount.

I agree. I've never done a 'freebie' to show people what I can do.

You have to charge. If they like you, you'll get more work on your own merits and not because you were free!

rob1963
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I've never done a 'freebie' to show people what I can do.

Same here, coz after seeing me do a freebie, there's no way they'd PAY for my services!

:D