PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for 'home' karaoke equipment?

MikeG
24-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I hope you don't mind me asking this question in a forum for mobile DJ/KJ but I would really like to understand whether I'm barking up a wrong tree here!

My daughter returns from a year in Japan next week and her 21st Birthday is the week after. She (and we when we visited) enjoyed the Japanese style Karaoke and the standard of the machines thay have there but realise this is going to be difficult to replicate back in UK - however, we would like to consider getting her a karaoke machine for her 21st (and she can use it in her shared flat back at Uni)

I have looked at the RSQ P70, the digiLYF MDVD-388 and the VOCOPRO DVX-880 and VOCOPRO Gig man but then found your forums where you (generally) find some of the newer machines less user friendly and less robust than old JVC ones.

Daughter has a new laptop (well what else would you buy in Japan??) so a PC-based system might be useful, and a tele, but no really suitable sound system to play karaoke through so I still believe a home-based "all-in-one" solution may be best unless the build quality, sound volume and quality, and general flexibility (and price) of separates might outweigh this.

Two further factors are the choice of formats (I am getting there but still a little confused with all the options and it seems go for something which has as many as possible!?) and multiplexing - one of the highlights of Japanese karaoke is the seemingly endless banal videos that accompany the songs - can cause much mirth. However, I can't see these as being as essential as good quality backing tracks that actually sound like to real thing and the multiplexing ablity so that at least one can hear how a song SHOULD be sung.

The NEO format for RSQ sounds a good idea but I don't believe they allow for multiplexing, and someone has already made the point that there seem to be a lot of 'repeats' on the various discs. I don't know how many tracks the Japanese commercial machines have but it must be 6-8 thousand!

So, for general entertainment plus flexibiltiy (all for around £250) can anyone point me to a suitable set-up? Or is this a bad idea generally??

Thanks indeed

colinm345
04-08-2007, 04:48 PM
The RSQ Neo can muktiplex and so can some of the Neo discs too,hope this helps

Have a disco
09-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Or go for the even cheaper option of buying an ALBA 75 DVD player from Sainsburys it does the lot now and only costs a fraction of £20. So sorry guys but even RSQ Div-X plays on them now?? Its just one of those things every few months china just ruins it for RSQ etc etc to make it more accessable

flatliners
15-10-2007, 10:12 PM
if you can get a jvc karaoke player they are built to last and its got mic sockets and echo that would do for in the home

DMX Will
20-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Last edited by Corabar Steve : 15-10-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: there's only one C in sockets & it gets past the filter without the second one

lol!

Penfold42
21-10-2007, 03:04 AM
:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: