PDA

View Full Version : pli... what best company to go with?

DaveyG1980
25-07-2007, 04:22 PM
i have looked on other threads an have found threads talking about pli etc, but cant seem to find a thread which says who best company to go with....so any recomondations appreciated...

sorry if being a pain.

cheers guys.:beer1:

CRAZY K
25-07-2007, 04:47 PM
i have looked on other threads an have found threads talking about pli etc, but cant seem to find a thread which says who best company to go with....so any recomondations appreciated...

sorry if being a pain.

cheers guys.:beer1:

You choose--none probably better than the other as regards paying claims--

Musicians Union, E and L, NADJ, SEDA === I have Musicguard because its backed by Norwich Union ( Used to work for them) im not just a DJ and I get a policy with my name on.

Im sure all the others offer good deals--just compare the level of cover--the cost and what they cover in terms of work undertaken i.e do they cover everything you do?

CRAZY K

ian8limelight
25-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Members of the National Association of DJ's (http://www.nadj.org.uk/) offers a very good and competative price for DJ's.

soundtracker
25-07-2007, 05:25 PM
You choose--none probably better than the other as regards paying claims--

Musicians Union, E and L, NADJ, SEDA === I have Musicguard because its backed by Norwich Union ( Used to work for them) im not just a DJ and I get a policy with my name on.

Im sure all the others offer good deals--just compare the level of cover--the cost and what they cover in terms of work undertaken i.e do they cover everything you do?

CRAZY K

SEDA Don't do a policy and all NADJ members have a policy with their name on

DaveyG1980
26-07-2007, 12:42 PM
i see NADJ dont cover your equipment for theft etc.. i have seen one call DJGUARD where i get public liability aswell as my equipment insured. any one had experience with them. good/bad/ok. cheers guys.:beer1:

CRAZY K
26-07-2007, 12:54 PM
SEDA Don't do a policy and all NADJ members have a policy with their name on

Thought SEDA had a scheme--apologies.

CRAZY K

i see NADJ dont cover your equipment for theft etc.. i have seen one call DJGUARD where i get public liability aswell as my equipment insured. any one had experience with them. good/bad/ok. cheers guys.:beer1:

Insured for nearly 3 yrs with them, no claims so cant say much else.

Someone did have a claim with them about 6 months ago--think it was fairly reasonably dealt with ???

Was it someone up North ( Newcastle)?

Quite a lot of stuff stolen from a vehicle I think.

CRAZY K

DK Karaoke
26-07-2007, 07:46 PM

Checked this one out myself, however, very expensive to my mind.

Danno13
26-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah there isn't an NADJ equipment insurance policy.. thats a totally different type of insurance to PLI, which is what you asked about.

DJ Guard are ok, I use them for my equipment insurance, but I think they only do up to 5million PLI. You do get 10% off by being a NADJ member though.

Yes, its quite expensive, but not as expensive as having all your gear nicked! Thats insurance for you though....

CRAZY K
26-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah there isn't an NADJ equipment insurance policy.. thats a totally different type of insurance to PLI, which is what you asked about.

DJ Guard are ok, I use them for my equipment insurance, but I think they only do up to 5million PLI. You do get 10% off by being a NADJ member though.

Yes, its quite expensive, but not as expensive as having all your gear nicked! Thats insurance for you though....

Dont you get a discount from Musicguard for being on here?

Unless you already have a no claims bonus with them from previous years ( I think)

HAVE WE WORKED OUT WHO ON HERE HAD THAT BIG CLAIM FOR THEFT WITH MUSICGUARD?

CRAZY K

Danno13
26-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I've heard a few stories of people claiming from Music/DJGuard and the general concensus seems to be that they do pay out / replace gear.. but can sometimes take a while to do so!

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I also think that Musicguard used to replace gear rather than pay money out. I'm sure they had a like for like replacement scheme which worried some people if they couldn't get exactly what they wanted from Musicguards supplier.