PDA

View Full Version : disco for a 1 year old

Cj_The_Dj
28-07-2007, 09:47 PM
right guys and girls i have just been booked to do a disco for a 1 year old any tips please i realy need it lol

ross@rds
29-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Play anything the baby will never know lol.

Babys are into hard rock i find they are always head banging.

rob1963
29-07-2007, 12:32 AM
right guys and girls i have just been booked to do a disco for a 1 year old any tips please i realy need it lol

Is this a wind up?

Having a disco for a 1 year old is like having an ash tray on a motorbike...

...a complete waste of time.

You can play anything you like...the baby won't understand any of it anyway!

BeerFunk
29-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Is this a wind up?

Having a disco for a 1 year old is like having an ash tray on a motorbike...

...a complete waste of time.

You can play anything you like...the baby won't understand any of it anyway!
Exactly, who in their right mind would organise a disco for a 1 year old?! :confused:

Forget about the kid, and concentrate on everyone in the room old enough to know what's going on! :)

Candybeatdiscos
29-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Hardcore dance, mum will be a chav prob and the kid will be called kylie or chelsea or something, they will prob be wearing loads of burberry and chances are the mum will be same age as you or maybe 16...

colinm345
29-07-2007, 12:27 PM
We have done a disco for a 1 year old
Its best to look after the 7-13 year olds as they are more than likely to be there as well,other than that its an excuse for the grown ups to have a party:D

axeman
29-07-2007, 01:11 PM
from my experience of smaller kids they like to look at the lights flashing,

but the previous posts are right, concentrate on entertaing the room as a whole !! i have a folder of music on my lap-top for kids parties, it's all s-club, venga boys, disney stuff, spice girls, crazy frog, steps etc.

rob1963
29-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Hardcore dance, mum will be a chav prob and the kid will be called kylie or chelsea or something, they will prob be wearing loads of burberry and chances are the mum will be same age as you or maybe 16...

Whoaaa Lewnics...

...how long have you been an old cynic then?

:D

Arnold_disco
29-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Nusery ryhmes:D :D :D

Tony Scott
29-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I would treat it as a 30th Birthday, the parents obviously like a party and are just using their little ones Birthday as an excuse.........great idea!

As suggested keep the older kids happy early on and then the adults later.

I've done this in the past, done a BBQ at the same time, had some really good get togethers like this. :)

Cj_The_Dj
29-07-2007, 08:05 PM
We have done a disco for a 1 year old
Its best to look after the 7-13 year olds as they are more than likely to be there as well,other than that its an excuse for the grown ups to have a party:D

we think it is an excuse as well beacuse there will be more adults than kids lol

PropellerHeadCase
29-07-2007, 09:36 PM
As a one year old will be present, regardless of who you're actually playing the music for, go easy on the volume! Kids' hearing is delicate, and they're not smart enough to get far away from loud noises. Last thing you want is the S&H nightmare for half-deafening a wee'n ;)