PDA

View Full Version : Toll-Free numbers/Cell-Phone numbers...

PropellerHeadCase
08-08-2007, 03:53 AM
I just stumbled across an un(der)marketed service provided by Vodafone here in NZ whereby you can have a toll-free number attached to your phone for a minimal set-up charge and only charged a reasonable per-minute rate for received calls.

Does anyone know of a similar service provided by anyone in the UK? I had a look at Vodafone's site but it's harder to find anything useful on there than it is on the NZ version :(

Thanks in advance :beer1:

Vectis
08-08-2007, 06:58 AM
I use Skycom (http://www.skycomuk.com/?gclid=CJTzmYep5Y0CFQN3MAodYl5AmQ) (nothing to do with Sky the broadcaster).

Think the one-off setup charge was about £15, then its £1 per month 'rental' and calls charged per minute and you can manage the account & set up hunt rules online. So for example, "try mobile number XXX and if no response after 20 seconds try landline number YYY" etc.. The only potential extra cost is for "gold" numbers (memorable ones) but there are lots of free ones that trip off the tongue too. I chose mine as the last 4 digits matched my mobile number so there was a degree of similarity about the numbers.

My usual monthly bill rarely exceeds £5.

If I get into a discussion that looks like being a long one, I'll find an excuse to call the customer back once I get the rapport going... eg. "I've just put someone else on hold can I call you back in a couple of minutes?".

PropellerHeadCase
09-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks, Vectis, I'll look into that.

Here in NZ my mobile is 021-777 347, my new toll-free number is 0800-777 347 - that was my second choice as ideally I wanted 0800-4MUSIC - but given that I will have both numbers on my cards it's all good.