PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke, DVD Players

DMX Will
14-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm on a mission to find a DVD player (can be Karaoke as well) that will:

a) show the time remaining for the current chapter on the front screen and
b) allow you to turn the on-screen display off (or not have one in the first place!)

Basically the aim of the DVD/Karaoke player is to play DVDs without the gumpf on screen so we can add DVDs properly to our VJ Show. Time remaining is a must, as I need to be able to see when to mix the next track in etc.

If it does cue points, that'd be nice too, but by no means a major requirement.

Budget it up to £800 for a single DVD playing device.

Thanks.

edwin
15-08-2007, 11:08 PM
You could almost stretch to a DVDJ 1000... :D

sandysounds
16-08-2007, 01:01 PM
did a gig a fortnight ago in cornwall and borrowed a rig. It had a blue lazer fitted......as i'm not used to using CDs (work from hard drive for karaoke) thought it would be a pain but it was dead easy....showed time remaining and did DVDs....which was ace because the club i was in had multiple screens round the place and an enormous one at the front...

colinm345
17-08-2007, 03:32 PM
RSQ Neo plays almost everything and shows time remaining
http://www.emkaraoke.co.uk/

DK Karaoke
30-08-2007, 12:58 AM
RSQ Neo plays almost everything and shows time remaining
http://www.emkaraoke.co.uk/

RSQ plays everything, except what you want it to play and at the time you want it to play. :bang: :bang: Great for home use, as a dvd player or something like that, but not a professional piece of equipment. In my opinion that is.;) Sorry Colinm had to get this comment in.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2007, 01:02 AM
As far as I know, RSQ is a rebadged JVC, unless someone can definately tell me different?

Jays karaoke
30-08-2007, 06:12 AM
RSQ are just a copy of JVC and exactly the same function wise. Just don't be tempted to try playing cheap copies in them as it won't work. I had one of these for about 8 months when i first started and a broke a disc so used a back up copy i had done whilst the new one came through and it just would not load in.
I would definately go for Blue Laser though they are a good quality machine and you can pick them up for around £150 but with your budget been so high this might not be technical enough for you but it's worth a look in.

Jay

DK Karaoke
30-08-2007, 03:17 PM
As far as I know, RSQ is a rebadged JVC, unless someone can definitely tell me different?

Your correct in as much as they are marketed as being the replacement for JVC, but and its a big but, they are not as reliable as the jvc's. However, having said that, I have stopped using my original JVC, the one you cant buy anymore, as I find that with the newer disc's now, the JVC is not capable of playing them properly.

That is if the producer used dissolving graphics etc. in the words display they start to jitter. Also after a while you start to get broken pixels on the screen. This is because they do not progressively scan the disc, like the newer players do.

I suppose its called moving with technology and the times.