PDA

View Full Version : Income/Expenditure. What do you use to log?

SPJ
19-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Evening All,

Having started up again fairly recently and having shelled out a few quid on equipment, music updates, etc, I'm very conscious I need to start officially logging my expediture and with a couple of bookings so far :cool: , my income too.

What do you guys use to keep track of you transactons?

I know there are various templates available on MS Online, but if anyone has a template ideal for the mobile DJ world, I'd be grateful for a copy.

Could always knock one up on Excel if necessary , but always an idea to plagiurise first if poss ;)

Cheers Chaps

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2007, 09:00 PM
If you already have it on your system, then use Excel. I do and it keeps things nice and simple.

DMX Will
19-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I have been using Excel for a while now. I have several spreadsheets within the "book" one for income, one for outgoings, then a third sheet for an overview (totals, profit, tax etc).

I'm moving to TAS BOOKS 1 shortly, as it's now available for Vista. Excel was only ever a temp jobbie.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2007, 09:07 PM
My accounts have to be audited, so I can't see the point of spending out on expensive software, when my accountant will put it into whatever he uses.

rob1963
19-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I just knocked up several word documents which I then printed out & write everything on manually, as I'm wary of the risk of losing stuff if it's only stored on a computer...unless you back everything up every 2 seconds.

I have one sheet for income, one for business expenses & one for capital allowances, and I complete them every day, so I'm always up to date.

Works fine for me!

Tom
19-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I just knocked up several word documents which I then printed out & write everything on manually, as I'm wary of the risk of losing stuff if it's only stored on a computer...unless you back everything up every 2 seconds.

Works fine for me!

im the same. as much as i love computers somtimes its just best to use a pen every once in a while plus its hard copy and then can be filed

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2007, 10:43 PM
im the same. as much as i love computers somtimes its just best to use a pen every once in a while plus its hard copy and then can be filed

Or you could print out a copy from the computer....:rolleyes:

Tom
19-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Or you could print out a copy from the computer....:rolleyes:

could do but its a lot easier with pen and paper when you are talking to a client on the phone. phone in one hand and pen in the other. simple. but thats when im taking a booking. :p.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2007, 10:57 PM
could do but its a lot easier with pen and paper when you are talking to a client on the phone. phone in one hand and pen in the other. simple. but thats when im taking a booking. :p.

And not whilst doing accounts, which is what the thread is about. :rolleyes:

Tom
19-08-2007, 10:59 PM
And not whilst doing accounts, which is what the thread is about. :rolleyes:

with accounts i like to use a pc then print it out. outgoing's (with reciepts) in one plastic wallet and income's in another.

rob1963
19-08-2007, 11:13 PM
with accounts i like to use a pc then print it out. outgoing's (with reciepts) in one plastic wallet and income's in another.

Thats exactly what I do.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Thats exactly what I do.

I thought you said you hand wrote yours? :confused:

rob1963
20-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Sorry Darren,

I didn't mean to quote the first bit about accounts.

When I said that's exactly what I do, I was referring to the second bit about having plastic wallets with receipts.

As already stated, I just write the details by hand onto blank forms.

Tom
20-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry Darren,

I just write the details by hand onto blank forms.

Keeping it simple is somtimes always best, i think :)

rob1963
20-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Tom,

I HAVE to keep it simple...because I AM simple!

:rolleyes:

PropellerHeadCase
21-08-2007, 01:39 AM
No arguments there ;) :p

rob1963
21-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Tom,

I HAVE to keep it simple...because I AM simple!

:rolleyes:

No arguments there ;) :p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:moon: :boxer2: :Naughty:

Larry B Entertainment
21-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Im another to use Excel. I see a lot of those fancy account programs online but really they are just a glorified version of what Excel can do.