PDA

View Full Version : Here's on for you

Candybeatdiscos
27-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Customer phones and enquires about a gig, they then decide to hire you. They ask if you can take a credit card payment for deposit (which you can as you have paypal) and you email them the booking form and t&c's, which they agree to and email it back to you. - they then call up the next day to cancel the booking as they have changed thier mind - what do you do?

Or you send out a contract in the post which they sign and return along with deposit - but two days after they have called to cancel (this point is 5 days after recieving the contract from you)

Paul James Promotions
27-08-2007, 02:22 PM
How long is it till the event?

Candybeatdiscos
27-08-2007, 02:34 PM
1 week or 12 weeks - could be anything.

jamesh
27-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I give all my clients a 14 day "cooling off money back" guarantee where if they change their mind regarding the booking within 14 days of paying the booking confirmation fee they get a full refund....

That is unless the booking is a last minute booking (with 7 - 14 days left until the date of function) in which case they don't get any cooling off period.

rob1963
27-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Customer phones and enquires about a gig, they then decide to hire you. They ask if you can take a credit card payment for deposit (which you can as you have paypal) and you email them the booking form and t&c's, which they agree to and email it back to you. - they then call up the next day to cancel the booking as they have changed thier mind - what do you do?

Or you send out a contract in the post which they sign and return along with deposit - but two days after they have called to cancel (this point is 5 days after recieving the contract from you)

In my case, If the booking was more than a month away when they cancelled, they'd just lose their deposit (£50 in my case..although I would hold this against any future booking they made).

If the disco was cancelled less than a month before the function, full payment would be due according to my terms & conditions...although this has never happened yet.

Candybeatdiscos
27-08-2007, 03:59 PM
ok from what i gather with the distance selling act - the customer is entitled to a full refund -

If you sell goods or services to consumers by:

* the internet
* digital television
* mail order, including catalogue shopping
* phone
* fax

then you need to know about the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

The key features of the regulations are:

* you must give consumers clear information including details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, the supplier's details and the consumer's cancellation right before they buy (known as prior information)
* you must also provide this information in writing
* the consumer has a cooling-off period of seven working days.

so effectively both of you would be breaking the law.....because if they cancelled two days later (5 days after recieving your booking form then they are entitled to cancel and get a full refund (inc any deposit)