PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Fairs

Ricesnaps
28-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Have decided that I am going to put on a wedding fair in our town. Lots of great wedding venues local to us, but the nearest fairs are 20 - 30 miles away. Not looking to make money, just get local suppliers together.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of putting one together and could give me some pointers?

I have a venue - just need to check the size and what comes with it before booking a date. Have spoken to local radio, but need to have a meeting to discuss costs. Guessing I need local paper involved too...

Does anyone know when the "season" for wedding fairs dies down? Was thinking about doing this early November, but something tells me early next year might be better?

Any advice greatfully recieved

sandysounds
01-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Is there really a season for a wedding fair? I can understand there being a popular time for a wedding, but most 'brides to be' are planning for their special day throughout the previous year, so surely having a wedding fair during a time when no one else might be staging one could be an advantage.

DMX Will
01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Is there really a season for a wedding fair? I can understand there being a popular time for a wedding, but most 'brides to be' are planning for their special day throughout the previous year, so surely having a wedding fair during a time when no one else might be staging one could be an advantage.

To an extent, I agree with you. However I'm sure to a degree there are points of the year when more wedding fairs are "happening".

Less tend to happen through the summer, wether this is because the various industries are busy with the weddings or what I don't know. Although I'm sure for most couples, the wedding season before the season their wedding is in, is the time they are thinking about it the most.

Isn't early March/April time the busiest for wedding fairs (for the next year's wedding season)

Vectis
01-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Well here its September & Jan/Feb.

The phone hasn't stopped ringing this week with wedding bookings for next year :D

Not booked to do any fairs yet... judging by the number of enquiries and bookings I won't need to :beer1:

Corabar Steve
01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
The bulk we've done have been spring & autumn

ross@rds
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Most take place during the summer months there is about 10 around my area every summer always see the add in the paper might do one sometime but there is also some during winter time and just before summer.

Ricesnaps
02-09-2007, 12:14 AM
OK, I already know generally when these take place. Fair season is September - October (no later than first weekend in Nov.) and Feb / March latest. Not usual for there to be mid season fairs and the ones I have attended have been poor.

So what else do I need to do - I want to put signs up on roadside. Anyone know the regulations for doing this?

DMX Will
02-09-2007, 01:21 AM
So what else do I need to do - I want to put signs up on roadside. Anyone know the regulations for doing this?

Yeh - fly posting is illegal.

Ricesnaps
02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeh - fly posting is illegal.

So everyone who does that is breaking the law? Surely there must be a legal way of doing it, or a blind eye is usually turned? You see these kind of adverts all over the place - school fete's, wedding fairs, promotions and so on. Got to be one of the best ways to advertise

DMX Will
02-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Well for example, sticking a poster on a a telegraph pole or tree is fly posting. Perhaps a public bin in the high street? - Fly posting.

Asking in shops/other public places is OK.

http://rbkc.gov.uk/planning/general/graffiti_flyposting_law.asp

They put it on the same page as graffiti, what does that say!?

DJ Frankie
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Remember to spell it "Fayre" and not "Fair"

Dragonfly
02-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Remember to spell it "Fayre" and not "Fair"

FAIR play we will remember :D

DMX Will
02-09-2007, 10:02 AM
FAIR play we will remember :D

Terrible jokes are a sin-bin offence you know? ;):p:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-09-2007, 01:17 PM

If they were Rob would have been in their ages ago. :D

Dragonfly
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM

but thats not FAIR no one told me :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM

but thats not FAIR no one told me :D :D

With Dave...:rolleyes:

rob1963
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:moon: :boxer2:

PropellerHeadCase
02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
You're all away with faeries, if you ask me ;)

Now, where's that bit of red card?

rob1963
03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
The crucial thing when running wedding fayres is to do effective advertising.

I once had a stand at a wedding fayre where this obviously hadn't happened, and it was a complete nightmare.

Not only did hardly any members of the public turn up, but half the STALL holders weren't even there!

Maybe they'd heard something I hadn't!

After a couple of hours, I called it a day, packed up & went home.

Complete waste of time.

Vectis
03-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Maybe their advertising had been too effective... and the public knew you were there? :p :p :p :p :beer1:

rob1963
03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe their advertising had been too effective... and the public knew you were there? :p :p :p :p :beer1:

:eek: :moon: :boxer2: :D

Dance FX
03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I have attended loads and loads of wedding fairs :rolleyes:

If I can be of any help please give me a shout!

(went to one yesterday where we were not allowed to bring any food into the venue but had to buy from the venue bar. Problem was there was nothing but cakes and sweets! We were not a happy bunch!)

Sarah

By the way a good pull for brides is a fashon show! Try to get a wedding dress company to do one for a reduced rate stand and you can DJ for the show :)

PropellerHeadCase
03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Agreed on the fashion show bit. A couple of the wedding shows I regularly do empty out to the main hall when the shows are on.

rob1963
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Agreed on the fashion show bit. A couple of the wedding shows I regularly do empty out to the main hall when the shows are on.

I also agree.

Don't all wedding fayres have fashion shows, though?

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding fayre without one.

Penfold42
04-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Don't all wedding fayres have fashion shows, though?
I don't think I've ever been to a wedding fayre without one.

Bought anything then......:p :p

rob1963
04-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't all wedding fayres have fashion shows, though? I don't think I've ever been to a wedding fayre without one.

Nothing I'll admit to on this forum!!!

:D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Do they sell Thai brides at wedding fayres then? :p :D

Penfold42
04-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Do they sell Thai brides at wedding fayres then? :p :D

:lol:

Larry B Entertainment