PDA

View Full Version : TV advertising

Ricesnaps
29-08-2007, 06:14 PM
OK maybe not Anglia or Yorkshire or even E4....

Just had a guy from a company called "The Life Channel" over to see us. These guys put the TV screens into doctors surgery's which run short informative programmes with local and national adverts running between them.

He came to see the wife, but here's the offer:

1. Produced TV advert (not quite your Coke thing, but well presented with voice over and completely bespoke)
2. Advert shown in two local surgerys with estimated throughput of over 2000 people in total
3. Add shown every 20 mins every day
4. Once produced the advert is your own property and can be used for anything else you choose.

Cost? The final deal was £520 per year (two year minimum) plus £120 to make the add with a 30 second add length and the option for us to use that time to advertise bothe out businesses, either in one 30 second add or split into two adds of whatever split of the 30 seconds we chose.

So that's basically £290 each per year.

Anyone else been offered this.

Interested to know what you guys think. Good idea or bad?

Vectis
29-08-2007, 06:26 PM
First thing that springs to mind is whether your target demographics are the types that frequent doctors surgeries and are likely to take notice of such an ad.

Methinks doctors surgeries are home to endless streams of old dears and mums with poorly, bored, attention-seeking kids.

Take these out of the equation and how many of your 2000 are likely to be interested?

I'd be more tempted to go for similar in gyms, buses etc. rather than the quacks surgery :p Just doesn't feel like the right place to spend the money. IMHO of course!.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I agree. Not the greatest place for advertising.

CRAZY K
29-08-2007, 06:41 PM
:D
First thing that springs to mind is whether your target demographics are the types that frequent doctors surgeries and are likely to take notice of such an ad.

Methinks doctors surgeries are home to endless streams of old dears and mums with poorly, bored, attention-seeking kids.

Take these out of the equation and how many of your 2000 are likely to be interested?

I'd be more tempted to go for similar in gyms, buses etc. rather than the quacks surgery :p Just doesn't feel like the right place to spend the money. IMHO of course!.

Agree with VV.

You want fit healthy wealthy people who go privately and can afford you!

I sometimes go to the Doc for the odd little thing and theres loads of ads, leaflets etc--I never read them!

Im usually thinking how to increase business:D

Was offered one of those ads in the Post Office.

Same question as VV---is this really your target market?

People wanting quality and willing to pay more than average price?

OR people wanting the cheapest price?

Get plenty of those ringing up from YP of course

Chat on Sat ( Saturday)

CRAZY K

Tom
29-08-2007, 09:09 PM
what a advertising in the cinema??? before a film starts. lets say a new film comes out and its packed for weeks. think how many people will see your advert???

rob1963
29-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I wonder how many people have booked their wedding disco from a company they saw advertized on a TV screen in a doctor's surgery?

Probably none.

Enough said! :D

Digitalsounds
29-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Or you could say it was a pick me up .... :D :D

you could just see it, Sitting there watching an endless rotation of boring ad's over and over then you go into your doctor for a diagnosis

hardly gonna get you the best payin bookings is it...

i know i wouldn't book from one of these probably wouldn't even have a pen to write down the no. :confused:

rob1963
29-08-2007, 10:42 PM
if I had a pound for every bride in the UK who booked her wedding disco from a TV advert at a Doctor's surgery, I'd have as much money as.......

....I have now.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually, Rice said they came to see his wife and her business is chocolate fountains...

Not sure I'd be thinking about that in a doctors surgery either!

rob1963
29-08-2007, 10:57 PM
The only thing I think about in the Doctor's surgery is whether he will be able to give me a cream to make the rash go away again.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2007, 11:10 PM
The only thing I think about in the Doctor's surgery is whether he will be able to give me a cream to make the rash go away again.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Way too much information.:eek: :D

Tom
30-08-2007, 12:54 AM

dude :eek: :attn: :p

Ricesnaps
30-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Actually yes, they did come to talk about the chocolate fountain. All seems a great idea, but as you all say, wrong location. Great comments thanks ans we will not be TV stars this time!

Penfold42
30-08-2007, 08:43 AM

I would change doctor as well.........must be no good.......:D :p

Ricesnaps
30-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I would change doctor as well.........must be no good.......:D :p

That'll be the promiscuous life of a free and single DJ then. Might need a trip to the doctors to watch theTV programs as I believe they will be explaining what safe sex is all about

soundscapes
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
i had a similar thing, asked to advertise on plasmas in an indoor kids play park, turned out in the end that there werent even any plasmas in the venue and they knew nothing about the company trying to sell me advertising !

Dragonfly
02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
i had this 2 months back advertise in the local post office ......... so went and did homework .... the screen was 14" mounted above the counters i was in thre about 10 mins and only one ad was shown in that time ...... thought no ta ......... firstly how many times a day is it going to get shown ..... secondly what are the chances of it getting shown at busy periods ...... thirdly its tiny the only reason i saw it was i was looking for it...... and fourthly and most importantly .... could i spend the 2k better elsewhere

needless to say i said no thanks.

JAMdisco
13-09-2007, 03:10 PM
If you want better paid gigs from this I would sugest running an ad in BUPA lol