PDA

View Full Version : mug shots

sandysounds
01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I've been rummidging around the various websites of members on here and noticed I'm one of the few with my mug shot plastered all over my site....now beginning to wonder whether its a good idea or not....your thoughts?:confused: (BTW its me in the sumo suit too!!!)

Dragonfly
01-09-2007, 03:27 PM
people buy people i have a pic of me on my site and it works for me ..... but then iam fabulous eyecandy lolol

DMX Will
01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I think it depends on how you want to market yourself.

If you're going for the personal approach, and I'd say judging by the fact your disco name includes your forename, you are. So a personal picture is fine. It's clear (on your web site) that the picture is of "Sandy".

Other people run slightly bigger outfits and they employ more DJs, their business isn't as personal as yours for example, but I don't think thats a bad thing. In this case having a picture of themselves may not be suitable, simply because the client viewing the web site might only have a 1 in 5 (or more) chance of having that DJ/owner of the company.

These multi-DJ companies tend to say "we provide a quality service" or "as a company" or "at XXX Entertainment", this is what you will find on my web site for example. Single DJs also do this, but some choose (such as yourself) to say "I provide a quality service", which gives your site the personal feeling.

Neither one is correct or incorrect, they are just two different ways of getting the client to portray a company.

sandysounds
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
thanks for that viewpoint Will.....it makes sense

DMX Will
01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
thanks for that viewpoint Will.....it makes sense

Your welcome :)

Penfold42
02-09-2007, 01:04 AM
people buy people i have a pic of me on my site and it works for me ..... but then iam fabulous eyecandy lolol

Yes but you have airbushed your's to take the grey out........oh, and the wrinkles..............:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And I agree with Will.

BeerFunk
02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Goosd point Will, but if it's a multi-op company, they can have a sort of 'The DJs' page? I can't see any negative points, so yeah, photos are good! :)

Corabar Steve
02-09-2007, 03:58 AM
You haven't seen our DJs :sj:

sandysounds
02-09-2007, 08:48 AM

just do distant shots with a lot of smoke.haze....everyone looks good then!

Dragonfly
02-09-2007, 08:50 AM

what do you mean your djs???? ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
02-09-2007, 11:35 AM
what do you mean your djs???? ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The people that push the buttons that make the music play.

rob1963
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
i have a pic of me on my site and it works for me

I notice it was taken without flash in a dark room with no lights.

I wonder why that could be?

:p