PDA

View Full Version : iTunes and Tracktor...

DMX Will
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Do these two integrate? Allowing you to play your iTunes downloaded music.

At current, my iTunes and Tracktor installations are on seperate machines. Just wondering (due to the default "iTunes" and "Purchased" playlists in Tracktor) if iTunes is supported?

Thanks,

Will.

DJ James Lake
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Itunes music store downloads use a system of protection called AAC, due to licencing Traktor is not allowed to play AAC encoded files. Rip them to cd then convert them to MP3 to use in Traktor it removes the AAC encoding.

You can use Itunes to manage your playlists in traktor, however its better to use Traktor for that as Itunes sucks at it

DMX Will
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Itunes music store downloads use a system of protection called AAC, due to licencing Traktor is not allowed to play AAC encoded files. Rip them to cd then convert them to MP3 to use in Traktor it removes the AAC encoding

Yes, I appreciate that. Was mainly wondering if Tracktor got around (i.e., actually used itunes in the background etc)

DJ James Lake
05-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Nope fraid not

jamesh
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
VDJ has support for Itunes playlists.... but that's about as much as i know on the subject as i don't tend to use Itunes....

www.virtualdj.com for more info... and check out the VDJ forum as there is a bit of chat about Itunes in there too....

Larry B Entertainment
17-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Do these two integrate? Allowing you to play your iTunes downloaded music.

At current, my iTunes and Tracktor installations are on seperate machines. Just wondering (due to the default "iTunes" and "Purchased" playlists in Tracktor) if iTunes is supported?

Thanks,

Will.

You can play non DRM protected .m4a files in the Traktor collection or i believe you can plug in an ipod and play the tracks off it using Traktor. The purchased playlist is for songs downloaded using Beatport.

Javlingames
17-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Ditch Traktor and get Serato, Serato reads I Tunes and plays aac files.....

Larry B Entertainment
18-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Ditch Traktor and get Serato, Serato reads I Tunes and plays aac files.....

But Traktor also does too

Javlingames
18-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I never realised traktor played aac files........

I covert all to mp3 anyway

Larry B Entertainment
23-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes it will play them if iTunes is installed on the same computer, but iTunes doesn't need to be running at the time.