PDA

View Full Version : Taxing the Van

Ricesnaps
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Need to tax my van this week (and it's OK, before youa sk, last used on August 31st and been locked in the garage since!). However since we moved last December, I now can't find the log book - just the green "new keeper supplement".

Anyone off the top of there heads know what I do in order to be able to drive the van on Saturday?

ian8limelight
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Matt,

Have a look at the link below. You should also have received a tax reminder a few weeks before expiry so, if you've got that, you only should need your MOT (if applicable) + Insurance.

You can also renew your tax disco on-line.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/index.htm

DMX Will
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
How much is your TAX on the van Matt? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Ricesnaps
10-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Matt,

Have a look at the link below. You should also have received a tax reminder a few weeks before expiry so, if you've got that, you only should need your MOT (if applicable) + Insurance.

You can also renew your tax disco on-line.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/index.htm

It does seem we didn't change address on the van documents, so I don't have the tax reminder, just the green slip from the reg document. I did try typing in the ref number from that on the on-line system before asking for help on here. No joy!

How much is your TAX on the van Matt? If you don't mind me asking.

Last time it was about £97 for 6 months I think. That's for a 2.2 Desiel Vito

ian8limelight
10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
My advice is that you go down to your nearest DVLA Licensing Office with all the documents that you have (including MOT & Insurance). Beware though that there is (I believe) still an offence of failing to notify change of address.

Penfold42
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
My advice is that you go down to your nearest DVLA Licensing Office with all the documents that you have (including MOT & Insurance). Beware though that there is (I believe) still an offence of failing to notify change of address.

:agree:

Ricesnaps
10-09-2007, 10:18 PM

I thought I might ring the DVLA and ask...?

CRAZY K
10-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I thought I might ring the DVLA and ask...?

Be careful about sending stuff to them---friend of mine had a nightmare--always send recorded delivery.

Have you cleared out your PM box yet?

regards
ALAN
CRAZY K