PDA

View Full Version : Great car insurance deal

Vectis
13-09-2007, 03:19 AM
OK so it's time to do the annual slog of renewing the main household car insurance - not strictly disco related but as it's a good deal thought I'd share - mods feel free to bin or move to 'lounge' or whatever if appropriate.

Renewal from current insurer came in at £280 comp with £400 accidental damage excess.

Trawling round the web I could only shave a couple of quid off, so almost resigned myself to staying with incumbent, then came across an offer with quidco and Prudential.

Buy a policy with Pru via Quidco and you get £130 cashback. AND Pru are giving a year's free green flag breakdown cover (with homestart) with new policies (best quote I got elsewhere for this was £54 and it just so happens I need to get some as the car's about to run out of warranty)

... SO... Go through the motions with Pru to get a quote - £293 with same excesses, standard of cover, options etc.

... SO... That's £293 minus the £130 through Quidco minus the £54 saving on breakdown cover = (effectively) £114 for the insurance.

Well happy :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Thought I'd share in case anyone else is about to do the trawl.

DMX Will
13-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I was with the PRU last year, I too had the greenflag cover - never needed it though. I switched over to Admiral Multi Car with the rest of my family. Saved me over £1k! Admiral automatically made me a member of the AA, with breakdown cover for me, not my car :D

Your Big Event
13-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Make sure it has business use as well though, and tell them you are a DJ

Then watch the premium rise.

I have a 07 Citreon Dispatch van, Fully Comp, upto 20,000 miles per year, and it costs me nearly £500pa., I also have a 2001 Renault Laguna Estate, 12,000 mile p.a, fully comp for £400p.a.

I am *slightly* over 25 too.

Tom
13-09-2007, 04:11 PM
OK so it's time to do the annual slog of renewing the main household car insurance - not strictly disco related but as it's a good deal thought I'd share - mods feel free to bin or move to 'lounge' or whatever if appropriate.

Renewal from current insurer came in at £280 comp with £400 accidental damage excess.

Trawling round the web I could only shave a couple of quid off, so almost resigned myself to staying with incumbent, then came across an offer with quidco and Prudential.

Buy a policy with Pru via Quidco and you get £130 cashback. AND Pru are giving a year's free green flag breakdown cover (with homestart) with new policies (best quote I got elsewhere for this was £54 and it just so happens I need to get some as the car's about to run out of warranty)

... SO... Go through the motions with Pru to get a quote - £293 with same excesses, standard of cover, options etc.

... SO... That's £293 minus the £130 through Quidco minus the £54 saving on breakdown cover = (effectively) £114 for the insurance.

Well happy :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Thought I'd share in case anyone else is about to do the trawl.

thats a really good deal there. i wont say how much my car insurance is. :(

Vectis
13-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Make sure it has business use as well though, and tell them you are a DJ

Of course I do, for the van I use for disco work.

This deal was on my car.

DMX Will
13-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Mines biz insurance too.