PDA

View Full Version : Wrath Of God!!!

Mayhem 1
16-09-2007, 08:08 AM
G'day Folks,

My second party yesterday (Sat 15th Sept) was held in a church hall 7pm-9pm, nothing amazing about that I hear you say but.......... next door is the church and whilst I was setting up they decided to change the time of mass so it just happened to coincide with me setting up.

All was going well, the mum had made me a cup of coffee and all was well with the world until I did my sound check.!!!

I was having some fun with the party girl speaking to her over the mic when a “church person” came in and said that everything I had said on my mic was coming out over the vicars radio mic system which was a case of oopppppppssssss because one of the things I had said to my party girl was to sit down and wave your hands in the air and be really silly, I can only imagine what had happened next door.

I did go and apologise to the vicar who actually did see the funny side of things because as he said the congregation thought it was divine intervention!!!

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else??

It was rather funny though.

Regards

Mayhem 1

Dragonfly
16-09-2007, 09:05 AM
now i would have paid to see that ..........a whole congregation believing that divine intervention had instructed them to wave their hands in the air like they just didnt care ................... hallelujah !!!!!!!!!

Mayhem 1
16-09-2007, 09:14 AM
It was really funny mate

rob1963
16-09-2007, 09:22 AM
I remember one occasion many years ago when a minicab outside was heard through our speakers when he spoke to his control.

No idea how it happened, as I don't remember ever using any wireless gear!

Corabar Steve
16-09-2007, 09:56 AM
A band I was in a while back couldn't use radio mics at one of our rehearsal spaces for the same reason.

Can you imagine Heavy Metal vocals coming out of the Church PA during a sermon? Not so much divine intervention, more Satan's revenge :sj: We only did it the once, thankfully I think it coincided with a hymn as opposed to a sermon.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I had it the other way round, with the minister's prayers coming out over my system. Quite scarey to start with...

discomobiledj
16-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Read it the first time round and laughed so much, read it again and :Censored: myself again, that must have been the funniest thing.

Dragonfly
16-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I had it the other way round, with the minister's prayers coming out over my system. Quite scarey to start with...

kicked off with like a prayer then Daz :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
16-09-2007, 12:59 PM
PMSL! Love it! :Laugh:

Jiggles
16-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Class :D:D

Arnold_disco
16-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Very very amusing.

Tom
16-09-2007, 08:36 PM
reminds me of little britten sketch. lol

i know i cant spell. :(

spin mobile disco
17-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Played with a live band a couple of months ago. Everything was going well they were in the middle of a set when suddenly over their P.A was calling all rangers please collect all balls and caddies and make way to club house.
It was a very well know golf course and all the rangers used walkie talkies that just happened to be on the same frequency and the lead singers radio mic.

Luckily I had my spare mic at hand and we had her back on in less than a minute.

Tonsk
17-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I was using my mike when suddenly the Bingo numbers started being called from the Full House that was happening in the function room down stairs...

Trouble is, I have been using the mike all evening so god knows what they have been hearing....

Swapped over to my backup mike and all was well..

Tom
19-09-2007, 09:38 PM
this might sound a little off topic but its still somthing to do with radio mics

last christman my mums friend was putting there new born son to bed. about 20 mins later you could hear somthing upstairs.

"its ok, shhhhhhhh, you are a preaty one"

this time everybody freeked and run upstairs as they thought someone was in the babys room. when they got there no one was there.

but as they have a wireless baby monitor it was cross feeding with next door's baby monitor as they has a kid a few months back.

was scary at first