PDA

View Full Version : idea's how to advertise your business please

cara
23-09-2007, 08:26 PM
ok guys, what's the best way to get work in?

we've been officialy open for business for 2 weeks, here's what we've done so far...

got 5000 good quality business cards printed (plan to hit hairdressers & wedding shops with them this week)

website went live

advertised website in 3 mobile disco directories sponsered listings on the internet

advertised in as many free listings (scoot, yell, thomson local) as we can find

here's what we plan to do...

send out a promo dvd and business card & covering letter to various pubs & clubs around merseyside

does anyone have any other ways of generating interest for our disco?

i know we've only been officialy open for business for 2 weeks and it's early days yet, but how long did it take you to get your mobile disco off the ground?

thanks, looking forward to your responses.

Tom
23-09-2007, 08:30 PM
i think you have covered about everything. :lol: but im probelly wrong

Penfold42
23-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Done any networking with other DJ's in your area?

DMX Will
23-09-2007, 09:07 PM
submit your website to directories....using the clever service thats advertised in banner form on this site?

Paul James Promotions
23-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Make sure your website is search engine friendly.

Corabar Steve
24-09-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm moving this thread to the correct section, where you will aslo find more threads on the same subject.

Marc J
24-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Google Adwords, while you wait for Google to index your site (could be up to 6 months!).

You can then decide to continue with it if you need to once you see where your site "settles" in the results.

Vectis
24-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Offer to do a couple of fundraising or charity gigs locally. I do two each year during the quieter months (November & February) and if you play your cards right (and get some advertising materials all over the place!!) you'll get media coverage and lots of enquiries on the night.

Use Vistaprint to get lots of cheap (ie. cost of postage) advertising materials together - cards to hand out, postcards to place on tables, fridge magnets, and even a few T-shirts - all for next to nothing. When you go to their site, if they're charging for, for example, photo uploads then try again in a couple of days time - and they'll be free :o

Over the last few weeks I've had around 1000 postcards of different types, 2500 business cards, 200 brochures, 100 fridge magnets, 50 sheets of letterhead and about 500 "return address labels" (upload the logo and these become anything you like) all for the princely sum of £15 in postage. OK so you have to wait 3 weeks for them to arrive but plan ahead!

Sam
24-09-2007, 11:17 AM
haha yes vistaprint is good HOWEVER be careful.. there is a small print bit and unless you uncheck a box.. (i think).. you will e charged a monthly fee for something which isn't very obvious..
I wasn't fussed though.. I used my dads card to pay for postage.. :-D so he ended up being charged..

Great idea with the charity gigs.. and a great way to get your name around..
If you did them i would get posters up around the venue (where poss) and get a banner made so everyone knows who you are...

It may also.. depending on how much you have to spend.. be worth getting t-shirts and jackets printed up and branded.. gives a 'air' of professionalism and also gets the name around and in peoples faces more!

The main way I would say is to make sure your website stands out.. and to advertise over the internet.. in various wedding / disco directories -> brings me most of my business.. which keeps me content.

theoloyla
06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
ok guys, what's the best way to get work in?

we've been officialy open for business for 2 weeks, here's what we've done so far...

i know we've only been officialy open for business for 2 weeks and it's early days yet, but how long did it take you to get your mobile disco off the ground?

thanks, looking forward to your responses.

Like ANY business it takes years to establish yourself. Stick at it and it will come in time if you are any good.

discomobiledj
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Advertise on car windows stickers.

yourdj
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Im making a big pull up banner which has a back pole holding it up. it will also have a uv light behind it to illuminate it. saves time trying to ducktape banners etc. and takes up less room.

Great for giving info to people in gigs that may not want to come up to you for business cards etc.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pyramidvisuals.com/services/pop_up_stands/pull_up_banner_stands/exhibition_pull_up_banner_stands&imgrefurl=http://www.pyramidvisuals.co.uk/services/pop_up_stands/pull_up_banner_stands/&h=442&w=255&sz=114&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=SMeYG4lQBMVcSM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=73&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpull%2Bup%2Bbanner%2Bpromotional%2B%2 6gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa %3DG