PDA

View Full Version : Stairville DJ-X 16 Crisis!

Clarkey
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
We just got delivery of this unit with 4 lights for our college performance studio. Unfortunately we were supplied with the wrong manual - none of us are lighting experts and haven't a clue how to program it! We have searched the internet for the appropriate manual but can't find one anywhere - nor can we find a website for Stairville.

Can anybody please help us with these problems? :bang:

Danno13
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi Clarkey, why not introduce yourself in the newbies forum?

I'm afraid I don't know how to use that particular controller, but i'm sure someone else will be able to help you out.

Sam
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi Clarkey,
You need to supply us with more information if you want us to help you out.

Post all the details and it is ebst to post pictures.. as we may recognise it as a different controller.. under a different brand. Because most (or all) of the Stairville range is the exact same kit as kit under other brands.

Clarkey
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Cheers for the reply, I'm not sure what you mean by ebst but
it's the Stairville DJ-X 16 as featured here:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/stairville_dj_x_16_dmx_controller.htm

is that any help?

Sam
10-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Cheers for the reply, I'm not sure what you mean by ebst but
it's the Stairville DJ-X 16 as featured here:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/stairville_dj_x_16_dmx_controller.htm

is that any help?

ebst = best
(it's the cool way of spelling... honest)

I don't recognise it myself.. but i will have a hunt around and see what other brands it is 'under'

spin mobile disco
10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Looks very similar to the acme DMX baby controller.

TONYTIGER
11-10-2007, 07:25 AM
We just got delivery of this unit with 4 lights for our college performance studio. Unfortunately we were supplied with the wrong manual - none of us are lighting experts and haven't a clue how to program it! We have searched the internet for the appropriate manual but can't find one anywhere - nor can we find a website for Stairville.

Can anybody please help us with these problems? :bang:

I might be wrong but it looks like it is a re badged Botex made in ROC. I think soundlab might do this as well.

TechnoRocker
21-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi there,

I've purchased the same product from the same company and although I haven't yet recieved the product I thought I'd see if I could find the manual for this controller.

I only have one question though, how many fixtures or effects can I control with this unit?

Here's the link to an english version of the manual, it's a PDF, so make sure you have acrobat installed first ;)

http://www.soundlab.co.uk/homepage.aspx?prod=G018WG&idcode=003300100020

TechnoRocker
27-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know why there is a MIDI connection on the back of the Stairville unit?

What does it do?

Corabar Steve
27-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Try introducing yourself in the Newbies section, you might find people a bit more inclined to answer then.

Tom
27-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't know if this is a universal answer but in the manual for one of my DMX controller, the MIDI is used to controll operation or to record programs.

Don't know if that is of any help at all???