PDA

View Full Version : New DVD burner to take all your cdg discs

DK Karaoke
10-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Just had an email from Power Karaoke, and they have just released a new DVD burner. You can burn all your cdg's on to DVD's, probably get 120 cdg tracks plus mp3's on one dvd. So if you have say 600 cdg discs, you could get all of them on around 100 dvd's. Less gear to carry, horay.

You can also create menu's with tracks listings with the software.

Link below
http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod-karaoke-dvd-burner.php

Corabar Steve
10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I can see there being copyright issues there. The MCPS will be interested in your post .

Have a disco
11-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I think you meant 10 disc's??? sounds a good Idea??

But another issue to be dealt with by LWP along with other digital DJ Licence all has to be under one band I believe

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I think you meant 10 disc's??? sounds a good Idea??

But another issue to be dealt with by LWP along with other digital DJ Licence all has to be under one band I believe

Any format to any format was in our proposals which were agreed in principal. Karaoke was to be an add on. Still waiting for them to sort it out though. :(

Have a disco
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
as ever their wheels move ever so slowly.

Is it not time we gave them a kick up the rear for dragging their knuckles over the whole issue as it goes much slower we'll all get bored of the whole thing and it will get white washed over and forgot????

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2007, 11:46 AM
as ever their wheels move ever so slowly.

Is it not time we gave them a kick up the rear for dragging their knuckles over the whole issue as it goes much slower we'll all get bored of the whole thing and it will get white washed over and forgot????

It doesn't quite work like that.

It won't be forgotten.

DK Karaoke
11-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Any format to any format was in our proposals which were agreed in principal. Karaoke was to be an add on. Still waiting for them to sort it out though. :(

Whats this about Darren?

I can see there being copyright issues there. The MCPS will be interested in your post .

If you own the cdg discs and paid top dollor for them, they are yours to store how ever you want.

Also what about those that use only copy discs, thats mps (music) and cdg discs?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Whats this about Darren?

If you own the cdg discs and paid top dollor for them, they are yours to store how ever you want.

No, that is complete rubbish. Legally, you cannot change format or make copies of anything for commercial use until they have sorted the licences out.

I am a member of the LWP (http://djlicence.org.uk/). PLease read all about what has been happening and the way things stand at the moment with regards to licences.

DK Karaoke
11-10-2007, 02:53 PM
No, that is complete rubbish. Legally, you cannot change format or make copies of anything for commercial use until they have sorted the licences out.

I am a member of the LWP (http://djlicence.org.uk/). PLease read all about what has been happening and the way things stand at the moment with regards to licences.

Thanks for the link Darren.

Having had a quick look, it seems that karaoke is only just mentioned at the bottom of the list, almost like an afterthought, yet 3/4 of every cdg is music (cda/mp3), so why is it viewed in this way.

Also my last question still stands, what about those (and there are a lot) that use laptops etc., for karaoke and using the various software available to present their karaoke tracks. Does this mean that the software includes a licence to play karaoke tracks? I thought you couldn't get a licence to cover karaoke, at least the last time I looked you couldnt. This of course means that all kj's who do not use original discs are all working illegally. A awful lot of kj's.

The whole thing to me is a mess.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the link Darren.

Having had a quick look, it seems that karaoke is only just mentioned at the bottom of the list, almost like an afterthought, yet 3/4 of every cdg is music (cda/mp3), so why is it viewed in this way.

Also my last question still stands, what about those (and there are a lot) that use laptops etc., for karaoke and using the various software available to present their karaoke tracks. Does this mean that the software includes a licence to play karaoke tracks? I thought you couldn't get a licence to cover karaoke, at least the last time I looked you couldnt. This of course means that all kj's who do not use original discs are all working illegally. A awful lot of kj's.

The whole thing to me is a mess.

Yep, I agree.

The karaoke was going to be an add on, so that you'd buy the licence to DJ and then buy an add on if you did karaoke too.

And no, there sin't a licence to use software for karaoke unless you download the tracks. Of course the same could be said of anyone using software or hard disc readers etc to DJ with.

The PPL and MCPS did offer a kind of amnesty until the licences are sorted out.