PDA

View Full Version : Plaugrism Again!!!

Spirits High
14-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys,
now I know imitation is flattery etc etc but as I was having a look round the net I found a website that has "borrowed" my text virtually word for word.

Their weddings page is exactly the same as mine and their discos page bears more than a striking resemblence to mine.

Now this happened before when I was based over in Northern Ireland,

I think I should just email them to show my displeasure and tell them to change it .

Is this the right move?

Sam
14-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi Guys,
now I know imitation is flattery etc etc but as I was having a look round the net I found a website that has "borrowed" my text virtually word for word.

Their weddings page is exactly the same as mine and their discos page bears more than a striking resemblence to mine.

I think I should just email them to show my displeasure and tell them to change it .

Is this the right move?

can we have the website to have a look at? could just be a coinkydink.

wensleydale
14-10-2007, 09:27 PM
email them and ask where they got it from.

think you should name and shame!

BeerFunk
14-10-2007, 09:29 PM
A 'friendly' email is the right move, thry may just be ignorant about it.

rob1963
14-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Guys, now I know imitation is flattery etc etc but as I was having a look round the net I found a website that has "borrowed" my text virtually word for word.

I'm really sorry about that...I was hoping you wouldn't notice! :p

On a serious note, a friendly email sounds like a very sensible first step, with your next course of action being dictated by his reply (or lack of!).

Spirits High
14-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm really sorry about that...I was hoping you wouldn't notice! :p

On a serious note, a friendly email sounds like a very sensible first step, with your next course of action being dictated by his reply (or lack of!).

Now i've calmed down a bit, i'll send that email

Oh, and i'm just off to check your website:D :D :D

Email sent, will let you know what happens!

Dragonfly
14-10-2007, 10:25 PM
ive had this more than once and there is still a pic of mine floating around that has been doctored to look like his own...... lets just say if you google image search "mobile disco" 4th page 3 rows down there is a picture very similar to one i took of my rig in melton mowbray .it has now happened as i said probably 3 or 4 times. do these people have no imagination when it comes to their text or are their rigs really that scruffy.

the worst one for me though was someone in Blackpool "borrowing" my PAT test cert thankfully he was a total cretin and when he presented it at a venue they wanted to know why he had his PAT done in the midlands and why a vocalist as he was had something like 80 items tested??? rodney.

Paul James Promotions
14-10-2007, 10:31 PM
As has already been suggested, a polite email is the first step.

A while back actually a member of this forum had 'borrowed' one of my pictures for their site, but removed it straight away after i emailed them.

Tom
14-10-2007, 10:57 PM
the worst one for me though was someone in Blackpool "borrowing" my PAT test cert thankfully he was a total cretin and when he presented it at a venue they wanted to know why he had his PAT done in the midlands and why a vocalist as he was had something like 80 items tested??? rodney.

hahaha :lol:

wensleydale
15-10-2007, 07:06 AM
A 'friendly' email is the right move, thry may just be ignorant about it.

how can you be ignorant about cutting and pasting text from another site- not only is it lazy, what does it say about your business when you can't be arsed to bother writing what you believe in.

i hope they put as much effort into their work.

report them to the nadj committee- send one email to them all asking their opinion.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I get this a lot and have sent 'friendly' emails to people, only for them to say they knew nothing about it, and it was their web designer etc.

If people were to ask, then I'd probably OK it, but it just annoys the hell out of me when people just steal text and pictures.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-10-2007, 11:05 AM
report them to the nadj committee- send one email to them all asking their opinion.

I did that last time and nothing was done, and the other person was a member of NADJ too. :mad:

Spirits High
15-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I did that last time and nothing was done, and the other person was a member of NADJ too. :mad:

quick update as yet nothing back from the person concerned.

Did have one back from the NADJ saying that as I wasn't a member basically there's nothing they can do for me!

Maybe a slight fopar on my part that when I changed the template from the green one with flames on which had copyright on it it didnt for some reason transfer on to the newer template.

but it has now!

Anyone know how this affects things?

Corabar Steve
15-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Did have one back from the NADJ saying that as I wasn't a member basically there's nothing they can do for me!

I think that's outrageous! Because you're not a member, they are prepared to let one of their members copy your site!!!!

Have you got something on your homepage along the lines of "All material on this site is copyright of....."

Spirits High
15-10-2007, 08:34 PM
As an update the dj concernd called me tonight and said they had paid a web designer for their site so didn't know the root of the problem. However they had had acall from NADJ to ask if they knew about it

He said he would do all he could to sort it out.

Personaly if I'd paid someone to sort my website I wouldn't expect them not to "borrow" someone elses site.

rob1963
15-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Personally if I'd paid someone to sort my website I wouldn't expect them not to "borrow" someone elses site.

Are you sure you've got that right?

:confused:

Spirits High
16-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Are you sure you've got that right?

:confused:

Doh, where did that not come from!!!

Let's try again, If I paid someone then I would expect it to be their own work and not borrowed from someone elses site.

There that's better!

LEENEWSOME
18-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I recently had a member of NADJ copy my site, :bang:

Admin Note:
Please do not swear, as future posts will be deleted in full

soundtracker
19-07-2008, 12:40 AM
and I've got a NADJ member using my client comments and claiming them as his own!

Dragonfly
19-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Is this the right move?

Paul do you want the knights of the midlands table to mount up ?? :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-07-2008, 12:01 PM
and I've got a NADJ member using my client comments and claiming them as his own!

I had a member using text from my site and when I asked him to remove it, he became abusive. Nice.

Penfold42
19-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Paul do you want the knights of the midlands table to mount up ?? :D :D :D

Saddle up....:D