PDA

View Full Version : Tax

Thames Valley Discos
22-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Do any of you claim your food and drink while working? Something i have totally overlooked.:(

Sapphire Disco
22-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Do any of you claim your food and drink while working? Something i have totally overlooked.:(

If you can get away with that then I'm a monkeys uncle :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-10-2007, 10:37 PM

No, because you'd need to eat and drink anyway. It's not specific to the job. (And yes, I had already asked my accountant!)

Thames Valley Discos
22-10-2007, 10:40 PM
ok, i feel better now.

Vectis
22-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I claim an "incidentals" allowance if working all day or travelling to the north island, ie > 8 hours away from base in total. £5 per person. Never been questioned. Don't need receipts either.

As for your regular 7-midnight gigs forget it.

rob1963
23-10-2007, 08:46 AM

You haven't overlooked it, as it's not a cost which relates to work...

...unless of course you only eat when you're working!

:p

theoloyla
23-10-2007, 02:00 PM
I claim an "incidentals" allowance if working all day or travelling to the north island, ie > 8 hours away from base in total. £5 per person. Never been questioned. Don't need receipts either.

As for your regular 7-midnight gigs forget it.
It is referred to as a subsistence allowance and you can claim it if you are required to be away from home on business for a long period. Eg hotel bills if the gig is too far to reasonably travel home from or a modest lunch when you visit PLASA etc. but you should get receipts and be prepared to justify them to the tax man if asked.