PDA

View Full Version : Mr Mayhem's Top Children's Games

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-10-2007, 10:09 AM
For those of you that need a few ideas for children's parties, here is Mr Mayhem's top 6 games to play.

It is a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) to read the file.

This is part one - part two will be on it's way very soon.

Shaun
26-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Garry,
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. :approve:

DJ Frankie
26-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah thanks Gary, very interesting. Takes me back to my holiday park days.

The part I have always found hard when entertaining kids is that for instance the mummy game involves only 2 children what do you get the other kids to do if there not involved and start to get irritable?

Mayhem 1
28-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks Elite.

Frankie, It is all in the deliver mate, you have to be quick minded to counter any child who gets irritable, I can say I have never experienced it.

regards

Mayhem 1

Penfold42
28-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Very good Mr Mayhem.....thanks..:)

Mayhem 1
28-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Always willing to hep mate

regards

Mayhem 1

colagirl
28-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah thanks Gary, very interesting. Takes me back to my holiday park days.

The part I have always found hard when entertaining kids is that for instance the mummy game involves only 2 children what do you get the other kids to do if there not involved and start to get irritable?

When I do the mummy game i pair all the kids up and they all do it together, then i pick the best/most effort couple of pairs. If theres an odd number of kids i pair them up with adults or in a 3, or even do it myself !

on the above note... as well as getting all the kids involved i use the song 'walk like an egyptian' (bangles) to time the whole thing by.

Corabar Steve
28-10-2007, 09:24 PM
When I do the mummy game i pair all the kids up and they all do it together, then i pick the best/most effort couple of pairs. If theres an odd number of kids i pair them up with adults or in a 3, or even do it myself !

on the above note... as well as getting all the kids involved i use the song 'walk like an egyptian' (bangles) to time the whole thing by.

Sounds like a better idea than just 2 pairs.

Mayhem 1
29-10-2007, 01:58 PM
works for me mate

TonyB
29-10-2007, 03:19 PM

How many toilet rolls do you get through for each mummy? I've got a Christmas School party coming up with 150 children so if I paired them up and assuming one roll per pair, that would be 75 toilet rolls :confused:

UltraBeat Entertainment
19-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Really Good Read Mr Mayhem... Can't wait to read the full thing.
Well Done:)

sandysounds
19-11-2007, 01:56 PM
How many toilet rolls do you get through for each mummy? I've got a Christmas School party coming up with 150 children so if I paired them up and assuming one roll per pair, that would be 75 toilet rolls :confused:

I do this with kids or adults.....adults are far funnier! I give each pair one cheap budget toilet roll. cheap paper is better cus it makes it harder......Andrex doesn't tear so easily. Either way....they still end up looking like the andrex puppy!

colagirl
22-11-2007, 06:38 PM
if i had 150 kids i wouldn't buy 75 toilet rolls !!! i would have them in maybe groups of 3 or 4 and then give each child in thr group a job ie one child is the mummy, or even a twin mummy with 2 kids being wrapped, one or 2 kids doing the wrapping, or one kid holding the end while the other wrapped etc. However i find its a game better suited to smaller parties rather than schools. And i use very cheapo loo roll from shops like poundland, i also reuse loo rolls from other parties as often the kids don't use a whole roll anyway, so i give the half used ones out.

soundtracker
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Big thanks to Mr Mayhem for his advice during the week, helping me out with some games for a School Disco for Juniors, it went down a treat. Cheers Garry!

Mayhem 1
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
My pleasure buddy, glad to help, and good to hear that the party went so well.

mrpauldixon
13-03-2009, 05:53 AM
:) (paulspuppets.co.uk)i used to do the mummy game at haven got through tons of toilet roll
wouldnt recommend you doing this for 150 kids

DazzyD
13-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Are you going to be playing these games on your tour, Garry?

And are you coming anywhere near us up here in Sunderland?

Mayhem 1
14-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Hiya Mate, yes and yes

geoffrey
15-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Come on Gary you have more games hidden away… Spill the beans…..I’m waiting, :)
I hope you don’t mind Gary, if I post a little game on here.

Here is one game you can play if you have heaps of kids or adults or both….

Divide your group into two and get them to form a circle and hold hands to form an unbroken chain.

You then get two small Hula Hoops, one for each group and place the hoop in a position where any participants arm is passing through the hoop itself.

The rule is they are not to let go from holding hands and it is the first group to get the hoop to travel once or twice around the complete circle and then sit down and scream “We are the best”. or what ever.

You can be imaginative and get the Adults to play against the kids or girls against boys etc.

My own rules in any game is fun competition, as in the adult world the men and ladies always want to compete against each other and if I get a draw in any game I get the crowd to scream out who they think the winner should be! (Can be noisy though). :D :D :D

Mayhem 1
15-03-2009, 04:00 PM
That would be the hoola relay then mate lol lol I know it well.

I am doing part two of my list mate, will be here soon

djmarc
07-05-2009, 05:17 PM
i wonder when part 2 coming out.
I also have to say i read in a thread once not long ago someone saying since they joined this forum they spent load of money on new gear, Well i can only imagine its gonna cost more if we have to buy toilet rolls for kids parties lol

Tom Lovick
29-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Hia,

When is part 2 going to come out?

Been 3 years now :p :p

Mayhem 1
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Everything comes to those who wait!!! ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Everything comes to those who wait!!! ;)

Thanks to Gary for sending part 2, which is now posted for all to use. Enjoy!

DJForrest
13-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure whether you are looking for any more games but here is another one anyway:

Blow up the same amount of balloons their their are kids. Using a slice of fabric, tie the balloon around the children's ankle, leaving enough slack for the balloon to drag. Then when the music starts they have to run around and pop each others balloons. While they are popping they must be careful their own is not popped. The one left at the end with a balloon wins.

Of course, needs to take into consideration that they are all wearing shoes and the right age group etc.

Mrwizzpop
20-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I have found it so difficult to find resources that detail decent games. Funny I found one thanks for the contribution.

Mrwizzpop
24-10-2021, 05:09 PM
For those of you that need a few ideas for children's parties, here is Mr Mayhem's top 6 games to play.

It is a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) to read the file.

This is part one - part two will be on it's way very soon.

Very useful thank you!