PDA

View Full Version : 123 reg web design

DaveyG1980
30-10-2007, 03:50 PM
does any have there website with 123 reg and if so have you been able to deisgn your on booking form if so how.

I know 123 reg not the best way to get a website but with my knowledge it will do forthe time being to just get a site up aan running.

i have done most of the pages but i cant seem to figure out how to put in a booking form so it sends to your email...

if anyone can help that be great thanks

Sam
30-10-2007, 04:20 PM
does any have there website with 123 reg and if so have you been able to deisgn your on booking form if so how.

I know 123 reg not the best way to get a website but with my knowledge it will do forthe time being to just get a site up aan running.

i have done most of the pages but i cant seem to figure out how to put in a booking form so it sends to your email...

if anyone can help that be great thanks

Hello :-)
Your form.. essentually is simple coding.. and you do not need 123 reg to make one for you.

A simple web form:

<FORM action="mailto:[email protected]" method="post" enctype="text/plain">
<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="4" WIDTH="90%">
<TR>
<TD width="30%"><DIV align="right">
<B>Name:</B>
</DIV>
</TD>
<TD width="70%">
<INPUT type="text" name="name" size="20">
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><DIV align="right"><B>Email:</B></DIV>
</TD>
<TD>
<INPUT type="text" name="email" size="20">
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><DIV align="right">
<B>Comment:</B>
</DIV>
</TD>
<TD><TEXTAREA name="comment" cols="30" wrap="virtual" rows="4">
</TEXTAREA>
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>&nbsp;</TD>
<TD>
<INPUT type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
<INPUT type="reset" name="reset" value="Reset">
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>

Simply replace [email protected] with the email address you wish the enquiry to end up. This is obviously very basic.. and there are other ways of doing it and a lot more 'objects' that you can add... i suggest you google it (and html) and read through the stuff to get a basic understanding.

Also forms are easy to create in programs like dynamic page editors.. such as Dreamweaver or NVU.. (the later is free)

On the topic of 123-reg.. they are ok.
they are a PIPEX company.. who own a number of webhosts.. Donhost, Webfusion (i think), 123-reg, Supanames, the later is my brothers old company which he sold to them last year.. he then acted as the Pipex director of Hosting for a while before leaving to set up another company..

The main thing i can say about Pipex is that there support is pretty poor.. although I can vouch for Supanames who use a seperate support system and team.. whom i all know.. and they are brilliant and will do anything to help you out.

Hope some of that blurb helps you out

Spirits High
30-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm with 123 reg.

if you're on about the "contact us" page then you need to select it on your pages (the tick boxes one)

once you've done that open the page and it should show as "feedback module" double click this one and it'll open to the page where you can fill in the necersary bits and bobs including email address.

you can use the tabs at the top to select your fields and preview

Hope that helps!

DaveyG1980
30-10-2007, 04:45 PM
cheers for that, i do have the contact page from 123 reg, but i want to create my own contact page as in a booking form
eg.
name
how many people and so on.

thanks for the web form. will give it ago.

Sam
30-10-2007, 06:06 PM
hello Davey,
Use the script.. copy relevant parts.. paste it.. edit it. and you have your form.
If you struggle with it (i did when i first started a few years ago) ill wizz one up for you.
Add me on msn :)

DaveyG1980
30-10-2007, 06:30 PM
sent you pm mate. let me know if you got it.

Sam
30-10-2007, 06:39 PM
got it.. and chatting on msn :-)

Marc J
31-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd have to recommend against using the form posted here, unless you want bucketloads of spam sent through your form.

All data entered into the form should be validated somehow to make sure it isn't being abused. A little more reading and slightly more difficult to setup, but well worth it, would be a PHP form with built-in security checks.

Of course your server has to support PHP but I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

See this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6041).

Sam
31-10-2007, 03:58 PM
yup. best to put variables etc in so the email is 'hidden'.
also that script uses the default mail thing.. eg. outlook which isn't ideal.. but it is a simple one like i said..

Anyway.. i am not working at the theatre tomorrow so ill be on msn to give you a few links :)