PDA

View Full Version : website help

dave stanson
13-11-2007, 01:15 PM
afternoon members
how can i find the total cost ( no hidden extras likely to pop up ) of a reasonably priced website & can pay by monthly instalments. i already have paid for & registered two domain names. in order to design & build one i will need serious step by step guidance in every aspect of this subject. can anyone help . kindest regards.

Sam
13-11-2007, 01:31 PM
i don't follow.
you want the cost of a 'website' yet your going to design your own?!
Your costs would generally just be the web hosting which is like 'your space' and domain names.

Most companies i have come across charge hosting either anually or for two years.

Shaun
13-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Unless you know the in's and out's of web design and search engine optimisation I would strongly advise against building your own.

I'd advise hiring a professional to put together a site for you. After all, "You only get one chance to make a first impression". As with everything...you get what you pay for. Hiring a professional might be a large outlay of expenditure initially, but it can truly pay dividends in the long run.

I recommend Marc J, he's one of the member's here on the forum, and he's an expert in his field.