PDA

View Full Version : New Website

chelsea485
13-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Please view my site and let me know what you think.

www.marksboogienights.co.uk

p.s please be aware that i am a beginner at this web site design stuff.
and i'm still waiting for some good pictures of my large show.

Corabar Entertainment
13-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Couple of observations:-

Are you 'Boogie Nights' or 'Boogie Nites' - the site seems to alternate between the two.

Check, double check and then check again your script for typos, grammar & spelling. I spotted a few errors on the home page (there may be others, but these are the ones I spotted at a quick glance:-

"We insure[I think you mean 'ensure'] an exellents night's entertainment and are sure to conduct ourselves in a responsible and professional manner.

We provid all types of music for every age group.

We cater for every event, including :

1. Birthdays
2. Weddings
3. Christenings
4. Seasoned Events
5. School Disco's [no apostrophe here]
6. Coorperate Events

chelsea485
13-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you, points noted.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Also, I think your links to other pages need to be on every page, so you don't have to keep clicking back and forward all the time.

I assume you know that nothing happens when you click on large show and also a blank page when you click on booking form?

Jiggles
13-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Looks OK in Safari. As said above no links back!?!

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-11-2007, 09:01 PM
And you've edited your post since I said...

I assume you know that nothing happens when you click on large show

Danno13
13-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Also, you haven't resized your pics in a photo editor.. so they take much longer than they need to, to load on the "small rig" page.

Marc J
13-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I think the layout is OK for a first attempt.

I agree with the points made already, especially keeping navigation visible on all pages, and spelling / grammar errors.

Booking form link on homepage gives an error. Seems to want to display a .wps file, whatever that is. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be there, anyway!

The images on "Small Show" desparately need optimised for the web (over 400Kb each!). You've resized them in HTML too, which is very bad. Browser generally don't resize images well. Make smaller images using a graphics package and use them instead. Images need alt / title tags improved on, too, most say "small product photo".

Your page title tags are mostly either blank, wrong or not relevant.

EDIT: Danno beat me to the image issue :P