PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Machine

UltraBeat Entertainment
17-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I have recently started recieveing a few disco that the customer has requested that i use a bubble machine which is no problem as i have a "z10" and i enjoy working with bubble machines but have noticed many of these events are held on a dance floor or a wooden floor area which becomes very slippery and dangerous when using a bubble machine.

Can anyone please advise me how they get around this problem?
Is there anyway that i can use a bubble machine without getting the floor wet?

Please help...

Corabar Steve
18-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Not really, no.

It might also invalidate your PLI

colint
18-11-2007, 08:30 AM
we used to use a bubble machine in my pub but only used it in a carpeted area which worked ok in short bursts untill we had the carpet cleaned, instant foam party & rotted carpet!
you may get away with it on a wooden floor in very short bursts but as steve says pli could go west so not really worth the risk!

do look good though, especialy if used with a strobe!

UltraBeat Entertainment
18-11-2007, 09:24 AM
That is such a shame becuase i am getting so many requests for them im also looking into buying a second bubble machine. this is really bad news.

discomobiledj
18-11-2007, 09:28 AM
you could put a fan underneath the bubble machine. that way the bubbles go up,. kids (and adults) can pop them before they hit the floor, but as previously said, short bursts only.

sandysounds
18-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I have recently started recieveing a few disco that the customer has requested that i use a bubble machine which is no problem as i have a "z10" and i enjoy working with bubble machines but have noticed many of these events are held on a dance floor or a wooden floor area which becomes very slippery and dangerous when using a bubble machine.

Please help...

My problem too..in fact I cringe now when people request the bubble machine.
I like the idea of using a fan......what size fan would be sufficient? And how would you position it?

Vectis
18-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I use a chauvet bubble king (http://www.dfb-uk.com/Chauvet/bubble_king.htm)- there's 2 whopping great fans in the back that give sufficient lift from a stage to the ceiling in the middle of a typical room. If I need more height I'll hang it from a giraffe or similar. It also throws out 4,000 bubbles per minute so you only need a 10-20 second burst every so often. With so much puff and so little usage there's no problem whatsoever with wet spots unless you get a bit too enthusiastic with the 'fire' button !

One thing I thought of trying but never got round to was to take one of those dinky domestic fan heaters and position it a few feet behind the fan intake of the bubbler - just to see if the warm air gave any additional lift - my elementary physics says it should!

sandysounds
18-11-2007, 11:20 AM
think i may need a new bubble machine.....mine only kicks out a few bubbles that plop unceremoniously onto the floor inches away from the machine!

Vectis
18-11-2007, 11:53 AM
think i may need a new bubble machine.....mine only kicks out a few bubbles that plop unceremoniously onto the floor inches away from the machine!

Well in that case here's a little persuasion...

sandysounds
18-11-2007, 12:25 PM
:cry: ...hate you...lol
BTW....what type is that?

Vectis
18-11-2007, 12:29 PM
chauvet bubble king (see post above) :p

UltraBeat Entertainment
18-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice picture, and a nice setup from what i can see.

Still no good news on the bubble machine problem tho :bang:

So should i go ahead and get the second bubble machine or not bother?

Jiggles
18-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Depends on how much money is in your bank account. :D

Danno13
18-11-2007, 10:55 PM
And whether you think it'd bring in a suitable return on investment.. i.e. will you be able to charge more, or gain more bookings from having two instead of just the one.

UltraBeat Entertainment
19-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Sadly not much in the bank:mad:

But i do believe that adding a second unit to my show could bring more business my way as long as i promote it well.

I wana produce like a heavy shower (i mean bubbles everywhere) of bubbles effect over the dance floor do you think that 2x zoom z10 will be able to do this?

Does the height of the machine have any impact on how slippery the floor gets as i am thinking about adding them onto my overhead light stand which can be over 6 foot high. I'm thinking higher it is, the heighier the bubbles will go therefore the wider area they will cover.

I really need your help on this one so any advice is much appreciated.

UltraBeat Entertainment
20-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Firstly sorry everyone for keep coming back to this topic.....

But

I've just found something called dry bubble fluid. what is this? and does this mean that it will not leave wet marks on the floor and make it slippery?

Bubble Fluid - Le Maitre's premium Bubble Fluid is produced according to very high standards - a difference you can both see and feel. Our bubbles are drier, last longer and the large quantity of bubbles overall makes our bubble fluid the leader in its market.

This quote has been taken from:
http://www.lighttheatrics.com/fog_fluid.htm

The worlds best bubble fluid. This is a very dry bubble fluid and when used in conjunction with our bubble machine range maximum bubbles are produced! Awesome.

This quote has been taken from:
http://www.zoommanufacturing.co.uk/atmosphericsuk.htm

I Really need your help on this one please...

Vectis
20-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I wana produce like a heavy shower (i mean bubbles everywhere) of bubbles effect over the dance floor do you think that 2x zoom z10 will be able to do this?

Well it pushes out 1500 bubbles per minute. My single Chauvet (in the pictures) pushes out 4000.

Does the height of the machine have any impact on how slippery the floor gets as i am thinking about adding them onto my overhead light stand which can be over 6 foot high. I'm thinking higher it is, the heighier the bubbles will go therefore the wider area they will cover.

Yes. If I haven't got a stage to plonk mine on, then I'll hang it. With the best care in the world you'll get the odd drip from the machine so don't place above equipment. Also, don't hang them if a) you're on a wobbly floor or b) you are real close to the audience as you don't want some drunkard tipping the thing up!

Edit: Just to add, sometimes I'll use a couple of upended (empty) flight cases as a 'stand' to take the bubbler a few feet off the floor, but well away from equipment in case of spills.

Corabar Steve
20-11-2007, 04:39 PM
There have been claims posted about "dry" & "non-slip" bubble fluid before.

All well & good until you read the small print. Basically there's no such thing & all bubble fluids will produce a slippery residue if used enough.

UltraBeat Entertainment
20-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok so i will not be able to produce as many bubbles as you can vectisvibe but as ive only got a small set up (bout 6 foot wide) and two z10 would produce something like 3000 bubbles a min thats quite a few spread over a dance floor i would think.

So would you agree that higher the machine the better as long as it is not located above any equipment.

and what is the differents between dry bubble fluid and normal? does it reduce the amount of fluid left on the floor?

Does anyone use so called dry bubble fluid?

Corabar Steve
20-11-2007, 04:55 PM
and what is the differents between dry bubble fluid and normal? does it reduce the amount of fluid left on the floor?

There have been claims posted about "dry" & "non-slip" bubble fluid before.

All well & good until you read the small print. Basically there's no such thing & all bubble fluids will produce a slippery residue if used enough.:whistle:

Vectis
20-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Ok so i will not be able to produce as many bubbles as you can vectisvibe

Wasn't willy-waving, honest ;)

Just questioning the maths and the fact that these things take time to set up and pack down again. My single £90 machine versus your two £70-odd each machines doesn't make sense, that's all.

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Good question vectisvibe and i understand where you are coming from.
my explaination is as follows.

i already own and use a zoom Z10 bubble machine but am finding that it dosent cover the whole dance floor (just one side) so i am thinking that if i get a second unit (the same as my current) to put on the other side of my rig will give me the coverage i need. also as i will have two units i can hang them from my crossbar as im a big believer in symmetry as in my opinion it makes a rig look better.

It needs to look effective and be cost effective.

Vectis
21-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Ah well in that case I'd probably get a second one as well.

You might get away with one for smaller venues then you've got a spare just in case!

The only thing that would put me off is the set-up time.

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm glad we think alike:)

In my opinion an extra 5min setup is worth it for a better effect.

Thank you for your help

(looks like this plan will need to be put on hold for abit due to car trouble and low finances:mad: )

TONYTIGER
22-11-2007, 11:35 AM

Please help...

Use these in our hire stock big fans in front push bubbles very hight never had any people slip up.

UltraBeat Entertainment
22-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Very nice. but i want my audience to be able to dance not swim.:D
you have to remeber i only run a small mobile disco and i bet those things cost abit.

TONYTIGER
22-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Very nice. but i want my audience to be able to dance not swim.:D
you have to remeber i only run a small mobile disco and i bet those things cost abit.

No £125 + vat and we use them on all our kids partys and holiday camps

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2007, 06:30 PM
What are they Tony? You didn't say!

TONYTIGER
22-11-2007, 09:52 PM
What are they Tony? You didn't say!

As always made in china and sold by loads of companies re badged what i like is you can put them on the floor and the have a drain tap at the back so just stick your container underneath, and carry on packing up the gear no mess.

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2007, 10:03 PM
As always made in china and sold by loads of companies re badgedThat still doesn't give much of a clue if anyone wanted to google it, does it though Tony?

TONYTIGER
22-11-2007, 10:08 PM
That still doesn't give much of a clue if anyone wanted to google it, does it though Tony?

Well i keep getting told off if i say i get mine from BATMINK:eek:

Corabar Steve
22-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't care where you got it, what make is it / what is it badged?

Failing that what names have you seen on this model?

Skytec, Source, Zoom, Prolight? What?

TONYTIGER
23-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Don't care where you got it, what make is it / what is it badged?

Failing that what names have you seen on this model?

Skytec, Source, Zoom, Prolight? What?

Make BATMINK: have seen skytec ones on the net but mine are badged BATMINK and as i said in previous posts if you want at cost just ask.

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
UPDATE:

I've just orderd my new Z10 bubble machine and have been told it should arive today or friday so i should be able to use them both tougether this weekend for the first time:D .

Lately i have only been using the fluid recommended by the manufactor and have been mounting the unit on my rig via my overhead lighting stand (not mounted over any equipment don't worry) also been careful not to over use and have noticed i have had no wet slippery floors at all. So thank you for all your help and will keep monitoring this problem in the distantant future.

Sorry to bring up old topics (AGAIN:o ) but this got me thinking.
I've found on quite a few websites that they sell UV bubble fluid. It dose'nt seem that expensive either. I was thinking if i could use this UV bubble fluid and invest in some UV lights i maybe able to make bubbles appeals to a younger/teenage/young adult crowd almost like ibiza style.

I just wanted to get your thoughts on this. I would love to hear from you if you currently use this UV bubble fluid to hear how well it works and too find out how much UV light is required for a good effect. and how good that effect is.

I'm very tempted to order a small 1 Litre bottle and test it out to see how effective this is.

TONYTIGER
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
UPDATE:

I've just orderd my new Z10 bubble machine and have been told it should arive today or friday so i should be able to use them both tougether this weekend for the first time:D .

Lately i have only been using the fluid recommended by the manufactor and have been mounting the unit on my rig via my overhead lighting stand (not mounted over any equipment don't worry) also been careful not to over use and have noticed i have had no wet slippery floors at all. So thank you for all your help and will keep monitoring this problem in the distantant future.

Sorry to bring up old topics (AGAIN:o ) but this got me thinking.
I've found on quite a few websites that they sell UV bubble fluid. It dose'nt seem that expensive either. I was thinking if i could use this UV bubble fluid and invest in some UV lights i maybe able to make bubbles appeals to a younger/teenage/young adult crowd almost like ibiza style.

I just wanted to get your thoughts on this. I would love to hear from you if you currently use this UV bubble fluid to hear how well it works and too find out how much UV light is required for a good effect. and how good that effect is.

I'm very tempted to order a small 1 Litre bottle and test it out to see how effective this is.

Yes use uv fluid i use Le Maitre fluid be warned when it lands on cloths or little faces it lights up until washed off use 1 or 2 400w cannons kids love it as they spear it on there face like war paint.

Steve the DJ
06-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I have been asked a couple of times for Bubbles during the first dance this year and invested in a high quality machine a bit like this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511WDEXWB0L._AA280_.jpg

£5 from Tescos, job done.

Even got a thank you card from a couple that included a picture of them enjoying their first dance under a gentle cascade of bubbles, warmed my heart it did...

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Just found these little ones do you think 2 of these would do the job?
http://www.kitkave.co.uk/lighting/effects_lighting/item_1862.html

not to keen on getting a 400w UV Cannon as i've heard so many stories about them plus it seems abit too powerful (and expensive:o )

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Just found these little ones do you think 2 of these would do the job?
http://www.kitkave.co.uk/lighting/effects_lighting/item_1862.html

not to keen on getting a 400w UV Cannon as i've heard so many stories about them plus it seems abit too powerful (and expensive:o )

I don't think they would be very powerful at only 25w. Have a look for UV tubes - they are fairly inexpensive and very effective.

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I must admit i have been looking into getting a 4ft UV tube to put in front my light screens but as these are only 40watts do you really think 1 of these would be powerful enough to use UV bubble fluid with?

one simular to this one:
http://www.terralec.co.uk/uv_lighting/uv_reflector_fitting/20066_p.html