PDA

View Full Version : 9yr old party games

Tom
18-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I know not to long ago i said i would not do childrens partys but after giving it some thought i said i would. Thought this could help with my stamma as i have to do a lot of talking with party games ect.

Basically i have been asked to do a kids disco. The birthday boy is 9 and loves football. The client asked if i could think of some football kind of games that does not involve kicking a football. I have been thinking and i cant think of anything. I was thinking of playing the usuall games like musical statues and all that but i think thats a bit to childish if you get me.

Can anybody think of any games i could use. The disco is on the 24th so i got a few days to think about this one.

Many thanks in advance.

sandysounds
18-11-2007, 01:13 PM
can think of only two.....
1. corners.... name each corner of the room a name of a football team (Man Utd etc) when music stops name a corner.....all those standing at that corner are out (or in depending on which way you play it)

2. instead of captains coming.....referee is coming! you could have actions like...tie your boot lace....header(where you pretend to head the ball) foul (you fall over and clutch your leg) goal (hug and kiss everyone) refs coming (not sure what to do here!!!)

lol....thats just off the top of my head! And in my experience......9 year olds will play those sort of games!

Tom
18-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Cheers sandy. I did download the Mr Mayhems Childrens Games help. The corners one does look good. As there are only 35 kids going to the party i think i might just have 2 or 3 corners, just to make the game last a bit longer.

Now all i have to do i think of what the prizes can be. Maby give away a small bunch of glow sticks or somthing ???

djsteve10
18-11-2007, 02:47 PM
maybe you could use best dancer aswell but incorporate sandys captains coming game into that so have the kids doing football related dance moves like. headers, foul... all mentioned above and then award a prize to the best boy and girl for the best moves.

Tom
18-11-2007, 03:02 PM
sorry but what is this captains coming and how do you play it. :(

UltraBeat Entertainment
18-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Plus you can do all the normal games but use football songs as background music ie. musical chairs, musical bumps, sleeping lions that kind of thing.:)

Plus don't forget the music man thats got a football related part in :D

Tom
18-11-2007, 09:36 PM
i know they are good games but for a 9 year old do you think there a bit childish (can't spell)

Danno13
18-11-2007, 09:52 PM
9 year olds ARE children... so i wouldn't worry about it being too childish. I had requests to play some of the games you've mentioned at a 14th the other week, and it was the best part of the night.. although I played chart music they knew, and their requests, "just" dancing wasn't really enough to keep them entertained!

Tom
18-11-2007, 09:54 PM
i guess it could work. this is my first childrens party aswell. :(

time to bring out the happy face and clean vocal box from the dusty closet.

Danno13
18-11-2007, 09:59 PM
At that age you'll probably find the games and action dances are all they're really interested in!

Oh, and for prizes, I usually buy a couple of the haribo multipacks with 20 small bags for about £3.. i'm sure you can get supermaket-own equivelants for even cheaper :)

Jiggles
18-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Come on Danno BE healthy :D A Bag of apple each :D

Tom
18-11-2007, 10:02 PM
cheers dan. guess that would be more intresting that a bunch of glow sticks. :lol:. Kids go crazy for sweets

If fact i might even give them away. as im going to be trying out the smoke machine i could get some really good pictures. worth a shot.

UltraBeat Entertainment
19-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I always find action dances always work well.

I'm never sure what prizes to give out at discos tho. is it a good idea to give out sweets/chocolate/food due to the amount of children with allergies these days?
What does everyone else use for prizes?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-11-2007, 09:27 AM
At that age you'll probably find the games and action dances are all they're really interested in!

Not sure I totally agree there. My daughter was 10 recently and didn't want any games as they are "far too childish" for her....:rolleyes:

Her and her friends loved all the party dances though.

Vectis
19-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I do LOTS of parties in the age 6-16 bracket and I concur with Daz... if the party is mainly girls stick with the action dances. If you've got a good mix of boys & girls then games tend to work a bit better. If it's mainly boys, get some inflatable guitars and stick some AC/DC / Stones / Arctics etc. on.

As you know I do video and for kids parties I've managed to find a bunch of tutorial videos for many of the action dances (eg the 'Wow Lets Dance' series) which the younger girls absolutely love as they can learn new dances.

And for prizes, I'd avoid sweets and chocs as the parents won't thank you - give them something more worthwhile. If it's one-per-kid give them glowsticks. If you're just going to have a handful of winners, give them flashy LED rings / earrings / bouncy balls etc. - get a job lot off the bay or get down to poundstretcher!

Tom
26-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Just thought i would say a little about the kids party. The game cornes did not go to well, the kids didnt understand it much and most of the kids were out quite quickly.

The wanted to play games like musical bums but to make it more intresting i played Follow Da Leader - Nigel & Marvin and when the music stops, sit down. This game did work for a long time.

But also there was another game, like cops and robbers but the kids sit in a circle and they close there eyes, you have 2 items, 1 item is for the cop and another for the robber. when i say, the person with the 1st item has to walk about and try to find the kid who has the 2nd item (hidden somewhere) and tap on there sholder then sit down.

When the cop has sat down will ask who was the person who got tapped on to stand up. if this person is holding the 2nd item the the cop gets a prize.

hope you can read that. couldnt find a way to type it but i hope anyone can read this or know the game.

BeerFunk
26-11-2007, 11:02 PM
What about playing 'offside'? Split into 2 teams, and one team tries to spring the offside trap on the other....

..I'm going, I'm going.. :coat:

TONYTIGER
27-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Boys are always difficult at kids party,s and just want to run around and fight ,try this to keep them occupied tie a balloon to each boys leg then all the other boys have to bust the balloon last one left is the winner,just like running around and fighting.:)

Corabar Steve
27-11-2007, 01:37 PM
That sounds like a recipe for disaster. How many broken toes can we fit into one party? :sj:

TONYTIGER
27-11-2007, 04:11 PM
That sounds like a recipe for disaster. How many broken toes can we fit into one party? :sj:

None never always goes down a storm been doing since you were in short trousers.:)

Tom
27-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Boys are always difficult at kids party,s and just want to run around and fight ,try this to keep them occupied tie a balloon to each boys leg then all the other boys have to bust the balloon last one left is the winner,just like running around and fighting.:)

:Laugh: Love it. i can just see it now. :lol:. must remember that one, in fact i think ill write a list of games that kids can play, maby put it up on my website.

Corabar Steve
27-11-2007, 09:45 PM
None never always goes down a storm been doing since you were in short trousers.:)

How old are you Tony? I haven't worn short trousers in 35 years! :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-11-2007, 09:47 PM

And long may it stay that way. I don't think I could cope with your legs...:sj:

Penfold42
27-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I haven't worn short trousers in 35 years! :sj:
....that's what they all say LOL (http://home.att.net/~chuckayoub/ac_dc/ac_dc_lyrics.jpg)...

TONYTIGER
28-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Ill give you a clue if your good at maths 35 years ago i was in my 20s ;)

TONYTIGER
28-11-2007, 10:57 AM
And long may it stay that way. I don't think I could cope with your legs...:sj:

He could always cover them up like this, you have to be smartly dressed to work at the PALACE.;)