PDA

View Full Version : HELP.. kids xmas party

magicfm
30-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm been roped into doing a 1 hour Christmas disco for 5 year olds in the school I work in.

I don't do childrens parties and was hoping someone could suggest some good children orientated Christmas songs etc the children could dance too.

I've arranged with the teachers to play some games with them as I have little experience entertaining children. (I'm too used to pushing drunken adults off the stage lol)

Your suggestion are appreciated. :)

(_8())

DJWilson
30-11-2007, 04:51 PM
i recommend the witch doctor, barbie girl, conga, YMCA and maybe the cha cha slide.

Spirits High
30-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Magic,

As there only 5 i'd do stuff like the hokey cokey, conga, you'd probably get away with head shoulders knees and toes aswell.

How's good old Belfast by the way? Certainly missing the night life!

Dragonfly
30-11-2007, 05:14 PM
hiya magic man......

ymca
barbie girl
court of king caracatus
music man
tradgedy
conga
simon says
clapping song
rudolph the red nose reindeer
we wish you a merry christmas
santa claus is coming to town

dont be afraid to make a complete wally of yourself at that age they love it ... and get the teachers up kids love that too.

magicfm
30-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi Magic,

As there only 5 i'd do stuff like the hokey cokey, conga, you'd probably get away with head shoulders knees and toes aswell.

How's good old Belfast by the way? Certainly missing the night life!

Cheers, Belfast is on the up. The city Centre is looking quite good with the xmas lights and our big wheel (our version of the london eye) :D

hiya magic man......

ymca
barbie girl
court of king caracatus
music man
tradgedy
conga
simon says
clapping song

dont be afraid to make a complete wally of yourself at that age they love it ... and get the teachers up kids love that too.

I am a big wally, lol. :D

Which versions of those last 3 are good. When I last looked Dean Martin was singing the Rudolf song.

mb3
01-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi Magic.

Mastermix Kids has pretty much all the tracks you need for a childrens party... Cha Cha Slide, 5678, Hokey Cokey, even Old Macdonald and The Wheels On The Bus. There's also an 11 minute mix of the Black Lace stuff.

K-Tel "Holiday Camp Favourites" has 22 tracks from Agadoo to YMCA... Conga to Wig Wam Bam... Superman, Simon Says, Music Man, even the dreaded Birdie Song for a couple of quid from Tesco.

Penfold42
01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
hiya magic man......

ymca
barbie girl
court of king caracatus
music man
tradgedy
conga
simon says
clapping song

By making a wally of yourself i think he means....do the actions to the music......:eek:
Time to polish up....:)

Hokey Cokey
Witch doctor
Ketchup Song

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-12-2007, 11:00 AM
No one's mentioned the Crazy Frog....:sofa:

Penfold42
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM

Popular track then...:p

djgordyp
01-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi Magic. Sorry can't help on the music front. One suggestion I would make is, buy yourself a preamp to boost the volume from the headphones.
I remember doing a xmas party for young children many years ago (before cd players) and I couldn't even hear the music through the headphones. Most of the time I had to guess when the song ends. :o

DJWilson
01-12-2007, 11:40 AM
i was waiting for someone to bring up the crazy frog! :( :angry: :bang:

Tom
01-12-2007, 12:33 PM
What about crazy frog then :p

Dragonfly
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM

thats because we would be forced to hunt them down on mass and eliminate them if they did surely ;) :D :D :D :D

Excalibur
03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
i was waiting for someone to bring up the crazy frog! :( :angry: :bang:

I'm waiting for someone to shoot the little green pillock! The nursery school I do brings the little angels in in batches. The record so far is Crazy Frog seven times in one afternoon! I don't get paid enough for that sort of pain!:bang:

mb3
04-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't get paid enough for that sort of pain!:bang:

That takes me back to 1980, when I was working at Pontins.

I had been pestering the Entertainment Manager all season to let me have a go on the disco, and he finally relented. It was "Finals Week" at the end of the season, and we were hosting the final of the childrens' Disco Dance competition.

80 of the little darlings.... all in leotards.... all (except one) dancing to Kelly Marie - "Feels like I'm In Love" (remember.... my head is in a spin, my feet don't touch the ground..... and the "poom-poom" of the Synares)

Two copies of the 7" cued up..... 2 minutes per child.....

Sheer TORTURE! :bang: