Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are my prices ok?

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Disco View Post
    ill have a look and get somthing sorted.
    Good you know it makes sense.....

Then after chatting to a few DJ's.....you can then........

Back on topic.....

.......think about your prices...!!

*Didn't i do well .....and Daz not said a word....*
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Tom I am a seda member and I can assure you of a warm welcome at any of our meetings, you will not be the youngest member either we have 15 year old dj's. If you would like to attend a meeting you are more than welcome and you will not have to sign up until you are sure it's for you. The meetings are held in the village hotel just off the M20 and are very informal, if you want to discuss furthur pm me with your phone no and I will call you.

The next meeting/show night is on 20/01/2008 where you will be able to see the pcdj team demonstrating the latest software, American DJ with their latest products, the infamous bring and buy secondhand table, glosticks uk and other guests yet to confirm.
    Last edited by coloursounds; 10-01-2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: more info to add

going back to the point looking at your site you have a nice neat set up. assuming your music selection and presentation is good i recon you can charge up too £290 depending on your market and the event.

i got an enquiry the other day wanting a 16th birthday party for 100-150 people. i gave them a quote for £200. i think thats ok but what do you guys & girls say???

I have been charging £180 for my first year as (although i have been djing/promoting for years) it was my first year mobile. i will be charging much more now as i am setting up an agency and upgrading gears etc. as someone else said in this post.

price yourself to what you think you are worth?

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Disco View Post
    Thanks for you comments.

The reason i ask is that im not getting any bookings at all, only getting bookings from my agent.

I think its due to the lack of advertising i have done.
    You might just be onto something there.

Quote Originally Posted by coloursounds View Post
    Tom I am a seda member and I can assure you of a warm welcome at any of our meetings, you will not be the youngest member either we have 15 year old dj's. If you would like to attend a meeting you are more than welcome and you will not have to sign up until you are sure it's for you. The meetings are held in the village hotel just off the M20 and are very informal, if you want to discuss furthur pm me with your phone no and I will call you.

The next meeting/show night is on 20/01/2008 where you will be able to see the pcdj team demonstrating the latest software, American DJ with their latest products, the infamous bring and buy secondhand table, glosticks uk and other guests yet to confirm.
    this sounds intresting. is there a website/phone number where i can get more info about this or unless your able to help?

http://www.seda.org.uk/

Have people forgotton how to use Google!

sorry. i knew the website but i wondered if they had a seperate page about this.

edit. found the page.
    Last edited by Tom; 12-01-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: adding more