Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 38 of 564 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Why do people always insist upon opening the buffet just after the first dance - the idea of the first dance is to start the dancing for the evening - so what do you do after the buffet - start with the first dance again? Numpties.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    7till 1, what a prospect. 7.20 and I'm nearly on my own, 7.30 and the guests start to return, 7.40 the floor fills, and never empties till 1 am, at which time they did indeed ask for "Just one more"
    I have never ever had such a polite and amenable crowd anywhere, and was able to sincerely and honestly thank the crowd for being the best I'd ever had. As a bonus the lappy found a network and joined up it without me asking, I downloaded some tracks I had left at home, and kept up to date on here. I packed up a happy litle bunny, and had an interesting ten minutes driving the SS Continental Drift through some well lubricated and underdressed revellers. I think there might have been a hen party in there somewhere.
    I was then woken up by the sound of my alarm clock.......
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Why do people always insist upon opening the buffet just after the first dance - the idea of the first dance is to start the dancing for the evening - so what do you do after the buffet - start with the first dance again? Numpties.
    I agree - it was a bit tricky deciding when to 'liven things up'. Luckily 'Valerie' followed by 'Don't Feel Like Dancing' got a few of the first dancers up and the rest soon followed.

Friday night, Civil Partnership... Tickton Grange Hotel, Beverley!

Well we got there at 1pm to put the mood lighting down for the ceremoney, The mananger Nikko said he didn't want the wires taping to the skirting boards, Ok fine not a problem I replied. It then came to putting the ceremoney music into the venue and Nikko didn't want us to put our Pa system in because his "in Houese" system was better, We didn't have the ceremony music on cd so we had to set the pc up on the bar so we could use the tracks on the pc.

It then came to the end of the ceremoney so I went to the van to get the Arkaos Pc to put the projector and screen in so they could show pictures from the ceremoney through the meal, The pc was sat tight back in a bay window and the projector screen in the corner of the room, The projector was with the pc unit and Nikko said it couldn't go there because the table was there, bearing in mind there is 6ft from the pc to the table, He kept going on and talking down to use and I had enough, I replied to him that I do not work for him and not to talk to me in that and if he would like to go an explain to the couple why they couldn't have the projection screen then it's his to explain.
    He looked at me with a blank expression and walked away, The room took 2 hours to turn around which was appalling due to the fact they had 12 floor staff and only 12 tables seating 10 people to put in.

When it came to putting the disco in at night we set the truss up central to the fireplace and I put the 2 MX10 scanners on the truss, Nikko then came over and asked us if we could scale down the equipment or maybe move the truss, My response was we cannot move the truss because there is too much weight for us to lift and scaling the equipment down is not possible due to the show what the couple had booked.

In my opinion he was the most awkward manager that I have ever worked with and even though he was informed in every detail what was happening throughout the duration of the day he still decided to make it hard work for us.

The end of the night came and it was around 3Am and we were just getting in the van and ready to leave when he was on his way home and decided to come over and shake both of our hands, I thought to myself how can he have the cheek.

Tonight Ive had a 9year olds birthday. At the venue they have there own equipment but after bad experiances I used my own. Through out the 3hours there were always a group of kids dancing. I also got litterally everyone (Even the bar Staff) doing th Cha Cha Slide and Oops Upside Your Head.

Well Impressed with myself. Also got 2 parents ask for my number. My new Mic is brilliant, in the end I went for the Shure C606 and have no problems with it popping etc

Default Saturday 27th September 2008 (Holyport, Berks)

Hiya Fellow Entertaining People, I hope your weekend is going well, I had a fantastic return to Hollyport yesterday (Sat 27th Sept)

The party went as good as I could possible make it with a record 16 cards requested at the end of the show!!!!

Anyway the event report is here if you would like to check it out.

http://www.bumble-b-roadshow.co.uk/index.php/181
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402

great one last night full floor from 8pm earliest ever i think?? 1 hour of bhangra , (still with full floor????) i was amazed tracks that shook the building:

return of the mack
    she's got that vibe
    ice ice baby
    you can't touch this

absolute cracker !!!!! everyone was lovely polite and thankful all the way through one of the best ever , only 2 left.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

No Take That tracks then.....?

Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Default doing things differently

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Was a bit surprised when i read this one, up here in the frozen north the buffet is usually started at the earliest 9P.M. and at the latest 10P.M.. The local hotels all take in to account when they got them back into the room and leave it for a good while.
    Pet hate is when the venue decide to put plates of the buffet on the tables and open up a tea trolly then expect you to keep playing through what should have been your break.

Quote Originally Posted by partytimediscos View Post
    Was a bit surprised when i read this one, up here in the frozen north the buffet is usually started at the earliest 9P.M. and at the latest 10P.M.. The local hotels all take in to account when they got them back into the room and leave it for a good while.
    Pet hate is when the venue decide to put plates of the buffet on the tables and open up a tea trolly then expect you to keep playing through what should have been your break.
    I agree entirely. If at all possible I like to hold the dancing until after the buffet. My last wedding was like that - very relaxed - background from 7 till 9 with people just chatting and drinking, hog roast at 9, speeches at 9.45 and first dance at 10, finish at 12.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco