Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 391 of 564 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 5636

Thread: Good Gig, Bad Gig.

Default DARK LIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    That's me told then, but with stuff like this it's best not to take the specs at face value I'll give it a run-down test when I get time.
    Do you have a slow take down speed Justin.

I really meant is it good for an hour or so which would probably do for most things we are involved with.

I see the 30w version is £41.50 do I really need that much power?

What size do you use?

ALAN
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 25-07-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Do you have a slow take down speed Justin.

I really meant is it good for an hour or so which would probably do for most things we are involved with.

I see the 30w version is £41.50 do I really need that much power?

What size do you use?

ALAN
    Lol it's good for at least a couple of hours. I charged it when it arrived & I've used it loads since.

A typical teardown & load out takes between 30 & 60 minutes depending on how tired I am by the end of the night.

I'm pretty sure I already said I got the 10w version. My ecperience with led disco lights gave me a good idea 10w would be enough. It's got a wide coverage too.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Yikes.

Monday night wedding with a 1am finish.

Imagine how that would be, and you have it on the button. Then add in a big argument between a couple of guests (outside the venue - I never saw it) and any atmosphere that was in the room was sucked out.

Aye carumba.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Yikes.

Monday night wedding with a 1am finish.

Imagine how that would be, and you have it on the button. Then add in a big argument between a couple of guests (outside the venue - I never saw it) and any atmosphere that was in the room was sucked out.

Aye carumba.
    Worst gig I've ever done was a Monday night wedding. I didn't do anything wrong, no requests were forthcoming so I assume the guests were enjoying the tunes. It's just a bit hard to get into the party mood when you're working at 9 the next day and have a 1 hour drive back home zi suppose.

My fiance mentioned the idea of a midweek wedding to save some money and was told where to go.

If we're on the subject of Monday weddings....the strangest one I ever did was at my hotel residency around 3 years ago.
    It was a Monday afternoon wedding for an English Groom and a Chinese Bride.
    They had Karaoke as an add-on which they were mad for and it was from 1.00pm - 5.00pm.
    Not a lot of dancing but lots of clapping along to the (VERY BAD) Karaoke singing!

Those 4 hours felt like 10 hours to me (but everyone had a great time....apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    If we're on the subject of Monday weddings....the strangest one I ever did was at my hotel residency around 3 years ago.
    It was a Monday afternoon wedding for an English Groom and a Chinese Bride.
    They had Karaoke as an add-on which they were mad for and it was from 1.00pm - 5.00pm.
    Not a lot of dancing but lots of clapping along to the (VERY BAD) Karaoke singing!

Those 4 hours felt like 10 hours to me (but everyone had a great time....apparently).
    I bet there was plenty of non ironic singing of 80s cheeserockballads?

When I lived out in Saudi the Filipinos loved getting everyone round for karaoke. One girl used to sing (genuinely) a stunning rendition of puff the magic dragon.

I find Sunday & midweek weddings to be a very mixed bag. Some of them I've done have been higher energy affairs than Saturday night gigs. They're generally fine though. My only Monday wedding so far this year is on a bank holiday so may be very messy.

Saturday was a family wedding - I agreed to do the disco as the wedding gift. Not something I normally offer, but for close family it's fine as I'm there anyway.

Early wedding reception at 11am, so knew it would be a difficult one. And the wedding breakfast finished early - by 5:30 it was all done and speeches out of the way - so a long wait until the evening guests arrived.

And with the sunshine and heat on Saturday, I knew it would be late before anyone started dancing.

First dance was quite early - 7:40pm - I would have preferred it nearer 8:30 - 9pm. Struggled to get many people over for the first dance, so had a feeling I knew what the night would be like!

Kept it upbeat until just after 9pm - most people were outside and the venue wasn't air conditioned, so didn't see the point in trying to get anyone on the dancefloor early. Started the big hitters after 9:15 and got people on the dancefloor, but most couldn't manage more than 2 songs before getting too hot and sitting down again.

Had an hour and a half of decent dancing, and then at 10:30, people started to leave. By 11:30, there were only a handful left, and the last people left just before the finish at midnight - so not my usual ending with a big last song! But it wasn't a surprise to me - I predicted exactly how the evening would go based on the timings of the day and the sunshine and heat.

Everyone was happy - and having seen lots of photos on Facebook from other DJs the next day with empty dancefloors from the heat, I was happy to have had moments where the dancefloor was full. I'm actually looking forward to the September - December weddings, as they are my favourite, with the sun setting at a decent time!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Saturday was a family wedding - I agreed to do the disco as the wedding gift. Not something I normally offer, but for close family it's fine as I'm there anyway.

Early wedding reception at 11am, so knew it would be a difficult one. And the wedding breakfast finished early - by 5:30 it was all done and speeches out of the way - so a long wait until the evening guests arrived.

And with the sunshine and heat on Saturday, I knew it would be late before anyone started dancing.

First dance was quite early - 7:40pm - I would have preferred it nearer 8:30 - 9pm. Struggled to get many people over for the first dance, so had a feeling I knew what the night would be like!

Kept it upbeat until just after 9pm - most people were outside and the venue wasn't air conditioned, so didn't see the point in trying to get anyone on the dancefloor early. Started the big hitters after 9:15 and got people on the dancefloor, but most couldn't manage more than 2 songs before getting too hot and sitting down again.

Had an hour and a half of decent dancing, and then at 10:30, people started to leave. By 11:30, there were only a handful left, and the last people left just before the finish at midnight - so not my usual ending with a big last song! But it wasn't a surprise to me - I predicted exactly how the evening would go based on the timings of the day and the sunshine and heat.

Everyone was happy - and having seen lots of photos on Facebook from other DJs the next day with empty dancefloors from the heat, I was happy to have had moments where the dancefloor was full. I'm actually looking forward to the September - December weddings, as they are my favourite, with the sun setting at a decent time!
    All of which made me VERY HAPPY I didnt have a gig last Saturday--bonus was watching KEEF RICHARDS---unmissable

Default History repeats itself.

Day 2 of staff barbecue at Mr Kipling's Barnsley site. Did the late shift last night, and just like the year before, most folk sat outside in shorts and t-shirts at midnight. Lovely.
    When I returned for the day shifts last year, the gazebos had been blown away, and it was freezing, we were confined to the building ( justifiably on elf and safety grounds )

This year, I arrived in sunshine, hopeful of better weather this time.

Guess what?

It's raining.

Ah well.

Update: All catering staff currently huddled under one small gazebo.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 28-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk