Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new karaoke machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    Because of the build quality, it looks, and feels very cheap, and if using for more than a few hours, it becomes really hot, and automatically shuts down to cool itself down.

Thats enough reasons for me to say that its not reliable. As back up, or an occasional karaoke player for a few hours at a time, maybe, but if your looking at doing a whole evening of karaoke, I'd suggest buying a professional one.

I've used it for 2 hours at a time and its been fine, but as mentioned, when it was on for a while, displaying graphics on the pubs tv's, it overheats after about 3 & half hours.
    I just thought it might have been the same build quality as the 5000 MKIIs that I use - it looks like a very similar unit. My karaoke shows usually run for 3 hours and I often use 2 of these players and they've never let me down once. But I haven't used this player before so I'll take your word for it, Adam. And I agree - they do sound a bit on the cheap side at nearl half the price of mine.

I think overheating sounds like quite a serious problem. If these units are inherently faulty then I think I'll give them a miss. But, at the same time, if it's just a case of overheating I wonder if it can be cured with a £4 internal fan fitted. I had an overheating problem with one of my powered mixers and it was cured by my electrician adding 2 of these fans. It's worked brilliantly ever since. Best £8 I ever spent!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

£4 is certainly as cheap option of fixing it, I might give that a go one day, if I have a bit of free time, as I'm not going to use mine anymore as I'm currently trying to rip the karaoke discs to my laptop, and use something like VDJ, as I'm just starting to play with visuals, so it'll be handy running it off the off same laptop.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    £4 is certainly as cheap option of fixing it, I might give that a go one day, if I have a bit of free time, as I'm not going to use mine anymore as I'm currently trying to rip the karaoke discs to my laptop, and use something like VDJ, as I'm just starting to play with visuals, so it'll be handy running it off the off same laptop.
    Good luck with the digital karaoke.

I currently have 3 different types of system that we use for karaoke. The main one is the Toshiba/HP/Dell laptops running VDJ (plus BPM for disco). We used to use Win-CDG which was basic yet very reliable but I much prefer the extra functions of VDJ. The second set-up is the two KAM Pro5000 MKIIs which works well and the third is a 300+1 CD Disc Changer which is great for not having to flick through boxes of discs but it's quite slow to change them over.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

ppentertainments

Used new Kam machine tonight - 2 hour karaoke at local uni.

Obviously not as good as other machines (I used to use JVC) but does the job. Managed to run a projector, computer monitor and 15"lcd from it which I was impressed with. Very simple and ideal as a starter, backup or occasional use machine. For the price can't really fault it.

Nice one, Chris! Glad to hear that the Kam player turned out to be a bargain for you!

Are you saying that the player has 3 different video outputs or did you use an output splitter to run those different visual displays? I sometimes use a video splitter to send signals to multiple screens but they've all had A/V sockets. I'm wondering if your displays have different inputs (ie A/V, VGA,etc).
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

ppentertainments

Player has 3 different outputs.
    s-video to projector, vga to monitor and a/v to 15" tv. The functions and connections on the machine for the price is unbelievable.