Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st cancellation for a while

Default 1st cancellation for a while

Just had an email to say the disco / pa for an awards night on the 30th October has cancelled

Now they hadn't signed a contract but had said via email that they wanted to book me for the date. I sent off contracts and was awaiting them coming back but don't have a signed contract from them.

Am I right in thinking no signature means no pennies
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

If they havent signed anything, you wont get anything.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just had an email to say the disco / pa for an awards night on the 30th October has cancelled

Now they hadn't signed a contract but had said via email that they wanted to book me for the date. I sent off contracts and was awaiting them coming back but don't have a signed contract from them.

Have you asked them about payment?
    Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Not yet was going to see what the general consensus was
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    They could claim they never received a contract to start with.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post

As this is one of the threads I AM allowed to post in, I'll give my opinion.

I agree with DJ Wilson. If they haven't signed anything agreeing to your terms & conditions, including cancellation terms, I don't think you'll have much luck getting anything out of them.

I'd put it down to experience, learn the lesson that it's essential to get signed contracts, and put a system in place to chase up clients who have not returned them within a certain time. That way, you shouldn't get stung like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    They could claim they never received a contract to start with.
    That they could - have a little faith in some people.

He has nothing yet, he may still get nothing but it's worth a try.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post

I agree with DJ Wilson. If they haven't signed anything agreeing to your terms & conditions, including cancellation terms, I don't think you'll have much luck getting anything out of them.

I'd put it down to experience, learn the lesson that it's essential to get signed contracts, and put a system in place to chase up clients who have not returned them within a certain time. That way, you shouldn't get stung like this again.
    Thanks Rob but I do have a "system in place" the client received the contracts the day after they were sent (I know this as she emailed and said they'd been received but she wasn't back in the office til monday and would action them then).

On the contracts is the clause:

• Any non-payment of a booking fee within 14 days could allow us to change our work schedule without prior notice.

In laymans terms they've 14 days to return it. They were within this time so no problem with my "systems"

She also emailed me this:

"That's great.

I am therefore pleased to confirm a booking for Friday 30th October.

The event is being held at R******* & D******* Conference Centre,
    Northamptonshire.
    "

Does that constitute acceptance of services offered?

Why make that remark for Rob? What exactly is the point? I asked you not to post in the other one as all you were doing was arguing and making accusations which frankly are likely to get you in trouble. You had no interest in the thread and you won't be buying one. Guaranteed.

Might be more trouble than it's worth mate to ask for money, live and learn I'd say.

Ya big sissy lol