Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what hard drive do you use

Default what hard drive do you use

following on from ppentertainments thread what harddrive do you use with you hdc, especially interested to hear from cortex 1000 users and what /if any problems have you had with them.

Freecom Tough Drive For my D2 it required external power. I got it free when i contacted Freecom

ppentertainments

Good topic Andy. I personally use freecom drives but only because they were the cheapest when I bought them. Have used external hard drives for years (not only for discos) and to be honest never found any to be particularly reliable - they don't seem to last long. Would be interesting to see what other members use. I know this thread is always getting done but the way technology changes I don't think it is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    following on from ppentertainments thread what harddrive do you use with you hdc, especially interested to hear from cortex 1000 users and what /if any problems have you had with them.
    Personally, Maxtor basics 250Gb. No probs so far. Cortex apparently prefers powered drives, as it lessens the load on the unit's power supply. If you use a hub, same applies. NTFS is safer system, but FAT32 allows writing to ( and by the same token, corrupting of files) . The choice is yours.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Not again. lol

Before produb I used the Freecom Touhgdrive 160gb. Perfect, simple as can be.

Western Digital 160gb.
    got it from PC world , never let me down yet ( so I brought another just in case )

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

501damian501

a drive with a spin speed of 7200, also not to big for the files its going to have, why have 40gb worth of data on a 160gb harddrive. ?

Hard drives are so cheap these days. I would of thought that you would have room to fit more music that you collect over the month and years.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Not again. lol

Before produb I used the Freecom Touhgdrive 160gb. Perfect, simple as can be.
    Maybe but I have had 2 in past 18 months breaking down on me. Luckily got money back as still under guarantee. So as I said before , I know this thread is repeated a lot but the technology changes so much. Have just bought this for my son and seems to be fine and under £30.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...5665&DOY=20m10

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Hard drives are so cheap these days. I would of thought that you would have room to fit more music that you collect over the month and years.
    ive got more than enough space, but gigging wise, i would have a harddrive to suit the capacity of its files