Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My contract

Default My contract

I have just finished my terms/conditions for the contract.
    Please have a look and see if its ok and if you have any suggestions am more than happy to listen and take on board.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/docume...3-f4af91472d40

ppentertainments

I see you have the ever popular - client must provide drinks clause in. Great advertising tool. Do you never get comments about this or alternatively why not charge an extra fiver and buy your own ??

That contract looks ok but, why do you feel the need to mention that the client must provide at least 2 drinks to the DJ/Helpers etc?
    I personally think that is taking the mick big time.

That's almost like Mr Plumber or Mr Electrician coming round to my house to fix something and saying "I expect a cup of tea and some biscuits from you as it's in my contract otherwise you can get someone else" - In that instance I would say "Well, I'll get someone else then mate go and off".

On most occasions I would offer anyway and likewise with Discos, I have been offered by the clients. I wouldn't have anything like that on my contracts, sorry but I find that laughable but each to their own. I would be interested (fly on the wall type thing) to see how many people decide not to book the Discos simply because of that. I know it sounds silly but I wouldn't like to be told that part of the conditions for booking someone that I am already paying to do a job, is to provide them with drinks too!
    Last edited by Shaun; 22-02-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I see you have the ever popular - client must provide drinks clause in.
    Ever popular?

I assume you're joking.

Do you never get comments about this or alternatively why not charge an extra fiver and buy your own ??
    One vision,

In my opinion a demand for refreshments in t&c is totally unnecessary & extremely cheeky to say the least...but you take it to a new level, by also stating the minimum number of drinks required!

I'd love to know how you will apply this. Will you just go up to the bride when you've set up & say "Hi. I'm your DJ. Me & my helper would like the first of our free drinks now please"? Rather you than me!

Do yourself a big favour...scrap this term and either add a fiver to your prices (like ppentertainments said) or take a bottle of tap water like I do, which won't cost you a penny.
    Last edited by rob1963; 27-10-2008 at 05:12 PM.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Ever popular?

I assume you're joking.
    The comment was said in jest Rob, but am quite frankly amazed at the amount of DJ's adding this clause to their Terms. I would like to hear from some who do to find out how they get on enforcing this. Personally I think if you had the choice of 2 comparatable discos and one had this clause and the other did not, common sense would say who would get the job. As mentioned clients often do offer drinks, and I find those who you have given help and attention to on booking and given help to (ie meetings, suggestions etc) often offer free drinks and food as a thank you.

The comment was said in jest Rob
    I assumed that was the case!

am quite frankly amazed at the amount of DJ's adding this clause to their Terms.
    Exactly the same here.

I agree with Gary...it's completely taking the mick.

I would like to hear from some who do to find out how they get on enforcing this.
    I'd love to know how they enforce it too.

There's no way I'd have the cheek to approach a client and ask for the first of my free drinks.

I feel a poll coming on.

Let's not hound One Vision too much guys. It could be that he has done this as maybe others do it too and afterall, he has asked for our input, which we are giving.
    Maybe others who have the same thing in their contracts would like to add their bit to this?

I can't see there being many though.

Link dont work for me

he he that bit WAS put in to catch some out to see if people were actualy reading the whole contract

Getting to the serious parts is there anything I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Let's not hound One Vision too much guys. It could be that he has done this as maybe others do it too and afterall, he has asked for our input, which we are giving.
    I don't think anyone's hounding him, Gary...just giving their opinions about his t&c like he asked.

It just so happens that a few of us agree about the drink request being a bad idea.

I'm interested to know how many people have this in their own terms, so I've started a poll in the mobile disco section.