Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pro Sound 1600 Amp

This thread was not started to slag off maplin. Even thought its cheep and nasty and over priced. For what quality you get.

However, to add one point to maplins equipment, craplins is cheap crap, doesn’t last. And this doing nothing good for mobile djs because people start to think that all us dj pay these prices when we pay at least double,

Even though I have a prosound 1000 I got it second hand for free and its soon to be my back up.
    Last edited by Cj_The_Dj; 12-11-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    This thread was not started to slag off maplin. Even thought its cheep and nasty and over priced. For what quality you get.

However, to add one point to maplins equipment, craplins is cheap crap, doesn’t last. And this doing nothing good for mobile djs because people start to think that all us dj pay these prices when we pay at least double,

Even though I have a prosound 1000 I got it second hand for free and its soon to be my back up.
    i think this is one of the best posts on this thread so far... however i would like to clerafy my point further.

maplins stuff will be made in the far east the same as many other budget brands, depending on the application they may be fine however i would stress that this application in my opinion would not go as far a pro mobile disco applications however would be fine as a backup to sick in your car boot just to be covered if your primary amp goes down.

in this game you do get what you pay for..... i see loads of people every day that ask for the "cheepest best stuff" when we tell them the price they have quite often been to the maplins that is just down the road and then think our prices are high but when told that this equipment is not the right equipment for the job they tend to ignore us and go back to maplins for there budget disco setup.

cant comment any further than that.....

Ome cuts ones coat according to ones cloth.

I've had gear from Maplins, and there are all qualities there. I've got two Geni lights which I think are indestructible! They're basic but robust. Please remember that their kit is not specifically aimed at Pro DJ's, but Bedroom DJ's ( no offence lads and lasses), one off parties, Novice DJ's, Youth Clubs and Uncle Tom Cobley and all. The biggest gripe I have with them is if they give the impression that their gear will match Peavey, Martin, et al.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Would agree on th Geni stuff being pretty wel made. And it used to be the only lighting they used to sell until the newer stuff was released.
    The geni wild blaze for example was rebranded and placed in the new plastic outer shell and is now called the vango swing.
    The old Geni XTC was done the same way and is now the vango diamand and the spin 1 is now the vango arc. The spin 2 is much like the ssc-1 etc.
    Mind you I will defend their lighting I have used myself but will not defend the speakers and amp in there own brand as I have not had any experience with them. Although they actually look to the first impression to be better lookign than most top end amps. I know this is all for show and doesnt reflect performance etc but they do look nice.
    Maybe crown should make an amp look that good i would buy one
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by djdarren View Post

maplins stuff will be made in the far east the same as many other budget brands,

No British company making quantities would build their equipment in the UK.

Not only is the foreign companies cheaper but do a better job.

I have been in British Electronics for 30 years and we only ever used British companies for small runs. They simply couldnt compete on large runs.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    I have been in British Electronics for 30 years
    & yet you so rarely mention it.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries