Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Speakers Needed!

Default New Speakers Needed!

I am looking at getting some new speakers in January but need some advice!

Currently I have 2 X 200W Skytec speakers and use a WA800 amplifier.

I was thinking of getting 2 X 400W speakers.

On Saturday the speakers sounded like they were really struggling but would like some ideas that would be within my budget....which isn't much! (£150)

If anyone could shed some idea's I'd be really happy

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I have a pair of Wharfehdale EVP - S15 they are in good condition used 25 times approx, my bottom line price is £195 so it's a liitle more than your budget.

I could take a credit card if it's any help.

http://www.soundlightuk.com/Wharfedale/EVP_Range.htm

I have heard good reports on the new skytec 15" passive speakers. I think they are £200 a pair new.

I think discoworld were doing them but they don't seem to be on their website anymore - might be worth giving darren a call.

I have also heard good things about the wharfedale range - especially for the price.

Alternatively - why not keep an eye out for a second hand pair of active speakers?
    DJ Alan Rees www.djalanrees.com
    Professional Wedding DJ and Disco Services in the North East of England

Member of the NADJ

501damian501

get your self down to class d mate, i run a set of class d cd15p http://www.classd.ltd.uk/product.php?productid=16142 , they sound good, others will recommend them but their 100% better than what your running at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    I was thinking of getting 2 X 400W speakers.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    why?
    What would you recommend with my amp?

I only tend to do small - medium venues so don't need a power house speaker system....although I have got a large hall in January and I know my speakers I have now are not up for the job.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    get your self down to class d mate, i run a set of class d cd15p
    When do YOU actually run them ?? I ve not heard much about your actual gigs yet.

Back on topic - why not get a second set of speakers (200w ish each). I have some skytec speakers which are rarely used but have never let me down and were in regular use for quite a while - I know most have had bad experiences but have been fine for me.

I do agree with damian about class-d, for the money they are great. For your £150 I would reccomend http://www.class-d.com/Product.aspx?PRO=621 . Use these for smaller gigs and larger venues use all 4 running off the one amp - your amp will handle this no prob.

A set of bass bins could be the alternative but I rarely use them as normally in small venues and my main clientele prefer the system without them.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    When do YOU actually run them ?? I ve not heard much about your actual gigs yet.

Back on topic - why not get a second set of speakers (200w ish each). I have some skytec speakers which are rarely used but have never let me down and were in regular use for quite a while - I know most have had bad experiences but have been fine for me.

I do agree with damian about class-d, for the money they are great. For your £150 I would reccomend http://www.class-d.com/Product.aspx?PRO=621 . Use these for smaller gigs and larger venues use all 4 running off the one amp - your amp will handle this no prob.

A set of bass bins could be the alternative but I rarely use them as normally in small venues and my main clientele prefer the system without them.
    You have just contradicted your own posts mate or is that you used to use them a lott but now rarely

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by One Vision View Post
    You have just contradicted your own posts mate or is that you used to use them a lott but now rarely
    Were in regular use - now used occasionally. Don't confuse me, absolutely knackered today - how many days in this month ???
    Last edited by ppentertainments; 08-12-2008 at 11:36 AM.